It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

kchs1 HB User
Ok Guys...

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE WITH BAD NEWS OR TO VENT . I'VE HAD GOOD NEWS, EVEN EXCITING NEWS. WELL TODAY I HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT... THATS ALL PART OF THE GAME, RIGHT?

FOR 3 DAYS I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EAT A SOLID MEAL, NOT ONLY BECAUSE MY JAW AND ENTIRE FACE HURTS, BUT BECAUSE EVERYTHING SITS ON MY CHEST. I HAVE CONSTANT INDIGESTION!! IT BURNS, IT HURTS, HEY I NEVER KNEW THAT INDIGESTION HURT SO BAD! I'VE BEEN SURVIVING ON FRUITS AND ALMONDS FOR THE PAST DAYS. I GUESS THE GOOD THING IS I DRINK LOTS OF WATER. BUT THIS THING IS ANNOYING! ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO?

SORRY NOT DONE YET. SINCE I STARTED NEURONTIN, MY NERVES HAVE QUIET DOWN QUITE A BIT. NO MORE ELECTRCAL SHOCKS, NO MORE LIL MAN WITH A NAIL AND HAMMER DOWN MY SPINE. NO MORE FLAMING FEET, LOT LESS LEG PAIN.

BUT SOMETHING ELSE INTENSIFIED!! MY HEADACHES AND EYE PAIN. I MEAN MY HEAD HURTS SO BAD I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KNOCK IT OF MY NECK WITH A BAT! BUT THIS HAPPENS ONLY ON THE LEFT SIDE. I WEAR GLASSES HAVE BEEN SINCE I WAS 13. JUST GOT A NEW PRISCRIPTION IN FEBRUARY! I CAN HARDLY SEE THROUGH MY LEFT EYE WHETHER I HAVE THEM ON OR NOT. AND THE PAIN? I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO DISCRIBE IT. OK RIGHT NOW IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS AT THE BACK OF THE EYE PUSHING. MY EYE IS CONSTANTLY TEARING AND IT ALSO FEELS LIKE THERE IS ALWAYS A GRAIN OF SAND IN THERE. OH THIS HAPPENS TO THE LEFT EYE. MOST OF MY SYMPTOMS ARE EXPERIENCED ON THE LEFT SIDE. LAST THING THE LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK IS ALWAYS STIFF.

I GO TO MY NEURO ON THURS SO I GUESS WE'LL WORK FROM THERE CAUSE THIS PAIN IS DRIVING ME NUTTS!!!

KCH-S

Last edited by kchs1; 07-25-2005 at 08:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Ok Guys...

The pain in your eye sounds like Optical Neuritis especially when you couple it with the blurry vision. I've had those headaches and pains before.

As far as indigestion goes.... my suggestion would be to see a good Chinese herbalists. Digestion problems are really their specialty. I used to have terrible problems myself and they are all gone now. Normal-

Old 07-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Thanks For The Advice Sunshine. I Really Do Appreciate It!!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
(female)

tiarah HB User

Hi I haven't been diagnosed with MS yet, but I think it's heading that way I have the SAME problem with my right eye, the feeling of sand it, like something is pushing it out and the tearing. My right eye is "supposedly" my best eye as I have been wearing glasses since I was 6. I am 38 now. Even with my glasses on my vision is worse with my right eye than my left now. I don't go to the neuro until August 4 but had an MRI that read "small what matter changes with demyelination". So, I have most of the symptoms from MS but no diagnosis as of yet. Please let me know how things work out for you and what they say. I feel that August 4 is a year away and i am so nervous.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Hey kchs1!!! GREAT to hear from you, even though your news isn't the best. I miss seeing your name pop up!

With your indigestion...talk to your doc about your meds. I had a similar issue and had to go through a lot of tests before we discovered one of my meds was agitating my stomach. I ate very little for three months..dropped a lot of weight.

The eye sounds like optic neuritis, but given your neck and jaw pain and headaches, I'd also ask about any forms of trigeminal neuralgia that might be coming into play.

Let us know what the doc says!!!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #6
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Thanks For The Support And Advice As Usual Kelli. Ok I Made A Note To Ask About The Tn And On. Last Month She Told Me That My Optic Nerve Was Damaged But Not Bad. Well I Think A Lil Is A Bit Too Much. I Feel Like All This Pain Going On In My Head Is Making Me Crazy.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
(female)

lisamarie11 HB User

Hi there sweetness!!

I am soooo sorry to hear about your pain!!!!!!! I wish I could take some away from you!

The eye problem does sound a lot like Optice Neuritis...this also causes A LOT of head pain since it causes so much mental as well as physical stress!! Are you able to sleep with the pain or is it interfering?

At least you have an appt coming very soon, hopefully they will be able to alleviate some of the pain.

Is the optic neuritis (or optic nerve damage) new or is this one of the symptoms of your most recent relapse that you were taking the steroids for?

My thoughts are with you babe and I am hoping that you feel better as soon as possible!!!!!!!

By the way...thank you for all of the info you posted to me a couple of days ago...I appreciate you talking to me like a friend!! I want you to know that you have a friend right here pulling for you!!

Lisa

Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Hey Lisa. I Cant Sleep! I May Get An Hour Or Two Then It Wakes Me Up. Sometimes I Get Up And My Pillow Is Wet From Tears. My Husband Says That I Cry In My Sleep.

Well This Is The 1st Time That I Was Hospitalized And Everything. All Of This Is New To Me. I've Been Having Headaches For Yrs But I Was Always Told It Was Migranes So I Always Just Took Migraine Meds.

I Have Been Doing So Good, Now I Feel Like I Did Before I Got My Dx. This Is So Hard And Stressfull And Depressing.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #9
(female)

lisamarie11 HB User

I know about the depression sweet pea...better than you may think...I most certainly have my own bouts of depression as well!!!!!

This disease is sooo f@#$*ing crazy to deal with!! We never when OR how it is going to "pop-up". It IS frustrating to live with something that will disable or cause pain to any part of the body at any given moment!!!!

I know...I have been out of work for almost 1 month now!! I literally cannot see straight...I went to my ophthalmologist...no ON thank goodness...just trouble focusing on small things...LIKE WORDS!!!!!

I wish I could help you or give you some advice about the pain...but honey if you are literally crying in your sleep...I can only imagine what you are going through!!

I wish you some quick relief... (not that I am a burn-out or anything like that, but have you tries any marijuana)? I have heard from MANY with painful diseases (as well as my cousin who is a pharmacist in Canada) that it help with pain related to the disease!!

Just a thought...who knows...maybe it could help you get a good night's sleep.

With much love and many, many prayers!!!

Lisa

Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #10
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Thank You Lisa For The Continued Support And Advice. I'm Happy To Know That U Dont Have ON!!

You Wanna Know Something... The Only Time That I Actually Sleep Is When I Do Smoke.

THANKS FOR THE LOVE AND PRAYERS. THANK U SO MUCH.

Keren

Closed Thread