It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
what type of MS does everyone have?

...I was just wondering if there was any correlation to symptoms that were present before diagnosis and the duration of them. I realize there are different types of MS once you are diagnosed. Is it true that sometimes once you have an attack, if you have a certain type of MS, then that symptom doesnt go away? Or do MS symtoms come and go with all types?

Sorry if this isnt clear... I cant find the words to get across what I am trying to ask. Thanks though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Re: what type of MS does everyone have?

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but in my case, I had Bell's Palsy about a year before I was dx with MS, which was in '93. I was 36 years old then. It started with double vision and major fatigue. Tingeling in arms and legs, etc. Other than my left leg giving me some problems about a year later....I have been pretty much symptom free since then. Praise the Lord! I get tired, but nothing I can't deal with. Have been working full time and raising 3 kids. My husband is a big help with housework, laundry, etc. Don't know if I could have done it without him. They never called it a certain type. I figured relapsing-remitting?? Then first of this month....boom! I woke up with double vision and it's been downhill since. The doc I used to go to didn't have me on any meds. His theory was, "if you're not having problems, then why take the drugs with all the side effects?" I guess that's a personal choice, but I have to wonder if this exacerbation would have been any diffferent(shorter, less severe?) if I had of been taking something. My new doc (neuro) wants me on Avonex which will probably start this week. She said my MRI, which I got last week, shows a new lesion on the brain, but spine was normal (except for "normal" arthritis (aging) YUCK! Heck, I'm only 48! That's too young for arthritis..lol. Sry to make this so long....bottom line....they're still not calling it a certain kind..All I know is I have it and it sucks!!!!
Oh, Interesting find was that the MRI showed that I have a pretty significant sinus infection so she wanted me to go to my gp and get med. I didn't even notice with all the other stuff going on with my body!LOL
Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
(female)

djpihavems HB User

The MS types are really just vocabulary invented by doctors. Just because you have been classified one way or another doesn't predict anything for your symptoms. Everyone's body is completely different, regardless of what you call it.

Usually symptoms come and go, but some can be permanent. Only your body can decide.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
(female)

JulieDe HB User

The only symptom I am experiencing is tingling in my feet. My orig symptoms included numbness in my pelvic region though. That was a bizarre feeling. I can only hope and pray that mine never get any worse. Sometimes it is scary going to meetings with speakers bc some of the people there are really bad off. I just hope they find a cure before that happens to me.

Closed Thread