It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

tiarah HB User
For KelliD

Thanks Kelli. I am very scared and perhaps you were my angel sent to me to help me try to be calm. I know the good Lord will help me get through this and I know that I can handle this. For the most part I am a pretty strong woman, sometimes a little weak though. I guess it's all human nature. I too will get through this. I'm just afraid of not being a "whole" woman for my children, my husband. My time is so precious with my kids. They are older but I do support them in everything that they do. I try to be at all the races, competitions as I can and the way I have been feeling lately is so tired and it kills me to go but I just can't dissapoint them.

I have an appointment this morning with the ophthalmologist for my eye. Hopefully he can see what's going on with it.

Thanks again Kelli, I do appreciate it!!

Old 07-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: For KelliD

Hi Tiarah...What you said about being a "whole woman..." It's what is in your heart that makes you "whole," not what you can or cannot do physically. From what I can discern from what you wrote, you are very much a whole woman with a fully intact, caring heart! I understand what you meant, but try to understand that even as hard as it is to have to sit on life's sidelines sometimes, life is not over. It is simply different.

Have you talked with your family and shared frankly with them that even though you want desperately to be there for them in every respect, sometimes you need to slow down...as much for their sakes as your own? If they knew how you were feeling, maybe they would want to respond by being there for you.....? Give them the benefit of the doubt and the blessing of being allowed to try. This is what family is for.

My son is seven years old. I have finally had to explain to him, in terms he can understand, what this "MS" is that his mom has and why it means I have to slow down sometimes. (If I don't, my body will ultimately come to a crashing halt whether I want it to or not). Maybe I am just blessed...but since sharing with him, I have watched this little boy begin to become more considerate of my occasional limitations, which has made him more considerate of others. I could talk about him all day...but suffice it to say that this lousy MS is being put to "good" use and by sharing with him and seeing him become more caring and considerate, I am seeing shades of the young man I hope he will grow to be...considerate of others, helpful, thoughtful.

I didn't mean to ramble....it's just that what you said about being a "whole" woman really struck a chord with me. I understand that ache and I want very much to show you that even though MS is lousy and sometimes limiting...there is a beauty to life(even with MS) that you just can't overlook. Hang in there!!!God makes all things (even MS)beautiful in His time (if we let Him!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

marion06095 HB User

KelliD, have you ever considered becoming a motivational speaker? You take the complex feelings associated with MS, make it simple, and make it uplifting. I think you really have a gift.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Marion..you are too kind. But the answer is no. Maybe when I can finally "motivate" my son to clean his bedroom without having to nag, I'll have confidence to try. ha! ha!

Old 07-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
(female)

racefan8 HB User

KelliD you are absolutely amazing. You are an angel!! I to am having another rough night. I sit here with tears in my eyes, because I am so thankful for people like yourself.

Marion I couldn't have said it better myself...I would hire her just for me!!!

Tiarah--best of luck to you on your journey, but as KelliD said, life isn't over and you do sound like a very strong "whole" woman!!

Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 AM   #6
(female)

tiarah HB User

Oh my KelliD, you are absolutely wonderful. As I was reading what you wrote the tears fell. Thankyou so much and you are so right. It's tough right now as I don't have a definite diagnosis and I don't want to mention anything to the kids until I have too. They will understand and they will be very supportive but my guilt will overwhelm me when I am not able to do something as I have been there biggest fan (besides my hubby) for all of their lives. You're right though, I will take your advice. I thank you. Marion is so right about you!!!! Thanks.

Marion, you are so right. A motivational speaker she surely should be!!!

Racefan, thank you also. I think I was sent to this site for help and I am receiving my mental help from everyone here. I thank you all!!!!!

Closed Thread