It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

kchs1 HB User
Angry Has Anybody

EVER HAD A SIDE OF THEIR FACE SWELL UP? NOT EXTREMELY BUT NOTICEABLY ENOUGH? WELL THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME. THE LEFTSIDE AS USUAL. YIPPIEE! WHAT NEXT? AND I CANT GO TO THE ER, IM BY MYSELF. I HAVE AN APPT TOMORROW BUT TOMORROW FEELS LIKE A YEAR AWAY RIGHT NOW. AND AS USUAL I CANT FIND MY NEURO. I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!!

AND MY MOM AND ANOTHER NEURO WHO IS OUT OF THE COUNTRY TOLD ME TO STOP TAKING THE NEURONTIN FOR NOW TILL I SEE MY NEURO CAUSE MY SWELLING FACE IS ONE OF THE SERIOUS SIDE-EFFECTS!!

OK GUYS, NO MORE VENTING... FOR NOW

Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: Has Anybody

Hey doll! Remember to ask your neuro about any form of Trigeminal Neuraligia that might be showing up. I had swelling around the right eye/forehead because of intense nerve inflammation...never been on neurontin, but stopping use sounds like a good idea till you see the doc.

I'm praying for you.

If you feel up to it, please post after your appointment so we'll know how you're doing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Thanks For The Prayers Kelli. I Really Need It. I Have A List Typed Out So I Wont Forget Anything. Tn And On Are At The Top Of The List.

Thanks Again For Everything.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

Are you on steroids? That can cause swelling...

Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
(female)

kchs1 HB User

I've Been Off Steriods Since June 23rd. I Know It Causes Swelling. I Had Swelling Of My Wrist And Fingers And Arms But That Went Away.

Last edited by kchs1; 07-27-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
(female)

djpihavems HB User

could it be completely unrelated? like wisdom teeth?

Old 07-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #7
(female)

kchs1 HB User

NOPE. ALL MY WISDOM TEETH ARE FINE AS PER MY DENTIST. WHEN I FIRST STARTED GETTING CHEEK AND JAW PAIN I WENT TO HIM, EVEYTHING IS FINE IN THAT AREA. LAST TIME MY NEURO SAID ITS MY NERVES CAUSING THE PAIN.

I DID A SEARCH ON NEURONTIN (GABAHPENTIN). "IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS, STOP TAKING NEURONTIN AND SEEK MEICAL ATTENTION OR CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY:

AN ALLERGIC REACTION (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives)."

SO I STOPPED. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW...

Last edited by kchs1; 07-27-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

So you dentist did not think it was TMJ? Did your neuro think it was the nerves that supply the jaw area or that its just because you've been under a lot of stress and you've been nervous. I hope its better- gee I didn't know neurotin could do that.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #9
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Right Now I'm Confused! Im New To This And So Much Is Going On. I Have No Idea Whats Really Going On. Hopefully I Will Find Out Tomorrow.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
(female)

lisamarie11 HB User

My goodness sweetness...do you have your hands full or what?

My God...I wish that I could offer some advice to you...but this is beyond my realm!! This has not happened to me plus I haven't come into contact with anyone else who has been troubled by these problems...gosh I feel helpless!!!

Baby, I can only offer you my get well wishes and send you lots of strength!! I agree with the others that stopping the Neurontin is a good idea for now (espescially since the side effects you listed such as throat swelling) sound like what you have been experiencing (since you haven't really been able to eat solid food).

I am keeping you in my thoughts and if there is anything that I can do to help, please email me at: [ please read and follow the posting rules - no emails ]

Stay strong like I KNOW that you are and try to hold on tight to all of the positive thoughts and reinforcements that you can get your hands on...we are all behind you!!!!

With many, many positive thoughts and wishes,
Lisa

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 07-27-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - no emails

Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #11
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Lisa Sweetie Thanks So Much For The Support As Usual. It Is Greatly Appreciated.

I Did Stop As Soon As I Read That And A Neuro Confirmed It.

I Am Staying Strong... But It's Hard As Hell!!!

LATER SWEETIE

Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #12
(female)

Tobinose HB User

Let us know if the neurotin was the cause of the swelling.

Good luck with your appts!

Closed Thread