It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

just1primate HB User
Unhappy Depressed...frustrated....etc, etc....

How many of us here have dealt with severe anxiety/depression? Not necessarily because we have MS, but just in general. I have had bouts recently (been on Lexapro for years for Anxiety), where I want to just cry. I am a man, so it doesn't seem to be normal for me. Lately, I have felt real anxious, getting creepy crawly feelings on my skin, and feeling really anxious about it. My head has been so spacey/foggy too. I had chalked this up to allergies and sinus problems which are chronic for me, but I don't know. Any thoughts?

Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: Depressed...frustrated....etc, etc....

j1p, I believe clinical depression runs in my family. I've had some serious bouts of depression and anxiety throughout my life. I did 2 or 3 years on prozac several years ago and when I stopped I was determined I would not go back to meds, I decided I wanted to feel my whole life whether happy or profoundly sad. I don't regret that decision, even though it can be rough at times, I still have "meltdowns" from time to time. But about 5 years ago I joined a church that brought my faith to life. The most important, perhaps lifesaving thing I've learned is that there is an "other side of through". I know that if I can do nothing else, I can be still and wait while I'm going "through" and I will come out, on the other side.
Depression is always listed as a symptom of MS, even though there is disagreement about whether it is a result of dealing with symptoms or physiological. Doesn't much matter, it FEELS the same! Find the thing you can hold onto to get through it. And tell your Dr. You said it doesn't seem normal FOR YOU, that's more important than you being a man.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread