It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 04:54 AM   #1
(female)

kimber lee HB User
How long have you had ms and when did you start meds

i was diagnosed 1 month ago i have not started meds yet, i refused steroids, , but i would like to know fromm all who wants to participate to plesase state how long they have had ms and when and which meds are they on, if possible, im just curious, thank you folks, kimber lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #2
(female)

thnkpos HB User
Re: How long have you had ms and when did you start meds

hi,
im curious as well since i keep prolonging my treatment, its to arrive today and i had the script for 6 months, not to mention they messed up my file for 4wks, they are guessing i had ms since 1992 first attack half of my face went numb, dr said i got bit by a bug stayed numb for at least 4 months,

nothing till 97, my vision got blurry and i was dizzy for about a yr, did an mri and stated could be ms several lesions but no motor symptoms go on with u'r life,
02 3 fingers went numb, nothing done about it possible shoulder problem,
04 lhermittes sign and whole hand goes numb, mri stating to many lesions to count 2 active, mri 6 months later minimal change, 5 active....................... so i think thats reason enough to start on treatment, i too have never had the steroid treatment, and knock on wood, my symptoms are sensory at this time and hopefully for the long haul
i choose to try the avonex first.
what are/where your symptoms, my neuro check is 100% normal, but my brain is in action...... so i feel i need to slow it down now!
knock on wood, fingers cross, my symptoms are really nothing right now be sides anxiety starting treatment....... how about u?
take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #3

mamawally HB User
Wink Re: How long have you had ms and when did you start meds

I was diag. back in 1978 or 79. Had no problems other than a numb feeling in both calves. Nothing else really came to pass until about 6 years ago. After visit with neurologist. I started on Avonex but only stayed on it for about a year as the side effects were not getting better but got to the point of not being able to function for 4 or 5 days after the injection. Last November my neurologist told me that since I wasn't experiencing relapses she thought I had a progressive form centered in my spine. I have been using a walker for about 6 to 8 months because my balance is shot. I usually use a mobility scooter for any lengthy walks. My husband and I visited New Zealand this January and with the walker and scooter we rented in NZ I did great. Guess I would have to advise you to keep on keepin' on. Don't give in to MS.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
(female)

JulieDe HB User

Hi I was dx in Sept 2004 and started Avonex in October. Only had a few weeks to wait, lol.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
(female)

Katie M HB User

Hi, I was diagnosed in January 2005. I took the IV steroids right after. They worked quickly, but the possible side effects make me nervous. I am now on copaxone. The only side effect I get from that is the experience of a daily , painful injection, some swelling, stinging, and occasional bruising. Enough to make me not wild about it. I'm very curious of everyones point of view also...Do these MEDS really work?

Closed Thread