It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

Katie M HB User
Hi...I'm new.

Hi, This is my first time joining a messege board of any type. In fact, this is my first time comunicating with anyone else with MS. I've always wanted to talk with someone, but for some reason just kept putting it off. A desperate attempt at denial I guess. This is my background.. I am 29 yrs old. Have 3 children (ages 6,9, and 11). I'm newly re-married to a wonderful man with 4 older children. I work full time for a utility department(wonderful benifits). 2 days after Christmas last year, my foot fell asleep and never woke up. By the New Years day, I was numb from the waste down. Went to the emergancy room to be told that my x-rays were fine...must be constipation. After a month of DR visits, I was sent to neurologist. Just in time for my MRI results, Double vision set in along with a very drunk feeling. MRI was positive. He sent me to the OutPatient for steroids.The double vision was gone within 3 days, but the numbness stayed on.For the record, even with the fast results, I'm not sure I would do the steroids again. I have been on copaxone for three months. My current condition is numb feet, week legs, lhermitt's sign, a blurry right eye, and many moments of feeling like a class A space cadet. But really, I know that over all, I'm very lucky to be diagnosed as quickly as I was and to not be in worse shape. It is very nice to meet you and know I'm not alone.
Katie M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

JulieDe HB User
Re: Hi...I'm new.

Hi Katie, I am Julie. I am 34 and was dx last Sept. I am blessed to have very mild symptoms right now. I started out numb in my "nether" regions and tingling in my feet. I am on Avonex and the numbness is gone and still have some tingling. I visit the boards usually every day but feel kinda "bad" because I am lucky enough not to have the pain that a lot of these posters have. I keep hoping to find someone here that I can relate to or befriend.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

Katie M HB User

Nice to meet you Julie, you are my first official MS pen-pal.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

tiarah HB User

Hi Julie & Katie,
I like the word "nether" that's funny!!! I wonder if that is what is going on with me. I haven't been diagnosed as of yet, August 4 is the neuro appointment. I have classic symptoms and my MRI read "small white matter changes with demyelination" so it's something I'm sure. The inside of my thighs, up near my "nether" region are not yet numb, but I can take my fingernails and dig them into my skin or pinch real hard and I feel just light sensation, when I do it on the rest of my thighs I feel total sensation and it hurts. It's weird. It's been like that for a few months. Hmmm. you meet so many people with similar symptoms. Well, it's nice to meet the both of you!!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

Sharon Grace HB User

Hi Katie! Welcome! I found this board a few months ago when I had my first really bad flare up and was home for a month on IV's and steroids. It was so great to have this board. I was feeling alone, scared, and isolated. I looked forward to coming here every day and took great comfort that I was, in fact, not alone, and had so many wonderful people who shared their experiences with steroid treatment with me. Really helped me through a tough time. Its a great place to ask lots of questions too. You realize that no matter much you feel like you're the only one going through something, there are plenty of us who have been through it too and understand. So stay in touch and take care-Sharon Grace

Old 07-30-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
(female)

katri0311 HB User

Hi Katie! I found this board a couple months ago and everyone here is so supportive! I haven't been technically diagnosed yet, but have alot of the same symptoms you have. Unfortunantly the double vision is permenant for me, because the demylinatation is on the brainstem, but is sounds like they are not wasting time getting you on medication to help. I am 42 and just having these problems within the last year. Good luck to you with everything and I am glad you are posting here! Katri

Closed Thread