It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #1

SandyJR HB User
Anyone have this eye problem?

For the past couple nights now when i wake up to use the BR, it seems my right eye is blurry and painful. If i blink a few times all comes into focus good. But this morning im still having eye pain with pain on the side of my head. Had an MRI and found a small white lesion. Had a spinal tap and also alot of blood work but my neurolgist says hes no where near ready to say i have MS yet. Im just wondering if my eye problem is something anyone else has experienced. I wondered if i slept funny where perhaps i was poking my eye but it scares me.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

katri0311 HB User
Re: Anyone have this eye problem?

Hi Sandy,
I have woke up a few times that way too, and sometime the vision is blurred for a long time. I also have double vision too and a lesion on the brainstem. Where is the lesion located? I also understand about having a hard time with a diagnosis. The first few doctors that I saw didn't want to say that I have MS either. I am not diagnosed yet, but all signs are pointing in that direction. The vision problem is very hard and the waiting to find out what is wrong is even harder. I hope that they can find out soon with you. I guess my thing was that in knowing for sure I can deal with anything, but not knowing is drives me crazy Please let us know how it is going! Katri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 10:15 AM   #3

SandyJR HB User

Hi Katri..the lesion is on the right side. With this, shouldnt the eye problem be on the left side then? I was getting tingling in the lower left leg which the DR could relate to the lesion but that has stopped for weeks now. With you, is it only the one eye also? With my lab and test results which most are coming back negative, some are showing inflamation going on but we dont know where the inflamation is coming from. I have had a spine screening MRI and waiting for the results now. Also with my head lesion at the base of the head if you have MS it would be loaded with lesions..mine show none so nthat is for sure encouraging but the eye thing really bothers me and im afraid now to wake up and open my eyes. Thanks for sharing your experience..it helps so much.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
(female)

beachlover247 HB User

My MS started with double vision back in '93.....MRI showed lesions which were consistent with the vision. Cleared in 2-3 weeks with steroid dosepack. No real problems since first of this month. I know, how lucky to go that long! When it came back, my visionwas the first sign, again. This time tho, I have a lot more symptoms. New MRI showed new lesion. They didn't say where it was, I'll find out at my next appt. on 15th. I can function as long as I patch the bad eye....the one that's not working with the good right one.(I would like to invent an eye patch that looks like an eye!) It drives you crazy doesn't it. I'm afraid to drive because I can't even move around the house without bumping into things...imagine if I was in a car...LOL It's tough having to be dependent on someone else to take you places or get things for you. Now I know how my Mom feels! I'm taking iv solumedrol yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I hope it helps. I can already tell some of the numbness in my face is better. Hope it stays that way. I also started taking Avonex yesterday. I know that getting dx can sometimes be so hard. All the waiting and wondering. Try to relax cause the stress sure doesn't make it better. Easier said than done, I know. I'm a worry wart delux. Having this board has been wonderful. Good luck to you..Sue

Old 07-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Sandy I Have The Same Symptoms Among Others. I Mean I Was In So Much Pain Yesterday, I Wanted To Tell Someone To Take Me Out My Misery. Its Hard But All I Can Say Sweetie Is Be Strong! Dont Let Any One Of These Things No Matter How Hard It Is To Get To You. Lets Fight This Thing Tit For Tart!!!!

Mrs. KCH-S

Old 07-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
(female)

over-ride HB User

2 weeks ago the sight in my left eye went blurred. Thought I finally needed glasses. Doctor sent me to Specalist, in hospital that day on Steroids with diagnosed Optical Niritus. MRI scan showed up UBOs and not yet confirmed but basically told I have MS. I had no pain in my eye at all just lack of vision. The steroids have worked and my sight is fine. So in 2 weeks my life has been changed and like you my eye is the start of a lot more changes.
good luck

Closed Thread