It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

over-ride HB User
Total newie hello

I am new to all of this but for some reason I feel I can talk to total strangers than those around me. I am 28 just waiting to be diagnosed with MS but all the Drs I have seen have basically told my that I have it. I can't get into a neuro for another month so I am in limbo. It all started 2 weeks ago with a blurry eye. Optical Niritus they called it. Into hospital for 72 hours on steroids. The sight has come good but the brain very slow to filter all the info they keep giving me on MS. The strange thing is my father was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago so I'm not a total new comer to it. The big thing for me is the Drs I have seen have told me pregnancy might bring on the effects of MS faster. I have a 3 year old and we were trying for another child but I really don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice please help. I know it is not a death sentance and I am a very positive person normanlly but just a bit confused.

cat.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

Katie M HB User
Re: Total newie hello

Hi over-ride, my name is Katie. I'm new at this too. I have the same eye trouble. It bothers me the most at the grocery store. Drs say the signal in the right is much slower then the left. It makes it very hard to focus when there is alot of contrast and movement going on. Hang in there you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Re: Total newie hello

hello over-ride,

I'm Sue and I was first dx in '93 when my third child was 6 mo. old. They said sometimes the stress and hormonal changes can bring on the ms. It does'nt necessarily cause it to happen, but makes it easier to show itself, I think? Welcome to this board....it's a great supporter for us that feel so much fear and isolation at times.

Closed Thread