It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
(female)

cshellz HB User
New: ? Heat and symptoms worse--

Hi,
New to this board==glad I found it. My dx is not deffinite--been "talked about " for several years and now I am 47: Wonder how much is a factor of hormone shifts. Last mri several yrs ago had white areas--but the other tests in the office were dx as not being ms--ask another dr. and get another opinion I guess.... anyway I have been lucky that I haven't had many problems/symptoms. However, with this heat lately I find that new symptoms are coming on and interfereing with daily life more often--and as I don't really want to go get all the tests done right now to "deffinitely" get dx. (will just live with the few symptoms for now--) I am wondering if the things that are worsening now will stay that way or when the heat goes do the symptoms ease??
So far there is major stiffness in neck, more clumbsiness, transient numbness with pins-needles and weird "humming sensation" , and bouts of trigeminal neuralgia (ouch!). Oh, and I don't sleep as much anymore--or maybe its the quality, don't know.
If this subsides when the heat does--that will be a blessing. Just figure I'd get your input. Thanks to all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
Inactive

ImL8 HB User
Re: New: ? Heat and symptoms worse--

The heat is the devil!!! I can't even take a hot bath in the winter, which I use to love to do!! Have to have a luke warm shower in the morning! And say, isn't that nice?!! But during the day, if I get over heated, if I sit and rest and get myself cooled off, things are okay. So yes, the heat will definitely make your symptoms worse! You're not diagnosed yet? Have you had a spinal tap?
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
(female)

beachlover247 HB User

Hi,
Welcome. Sorry you have to even know about this site cause it means you're having problems I'm 48 and was dx in '93 with double vision being my main symptoms..and weakness in extremeties. Had positive MRI and LP + blood tests. I have been very blessed to have not had any real problems until last month. I was taking none of the ms drugs. Then, out of the blue, it was all back. It had been hiding like a green eyed monster. I am now on Avonex and taking solmed iv treatments (or trying to anyway).Long story. I truly believe in the heat factor, now. You can probably tell by my screename that I love the outdoors, expecially the beach. I have a pool and used to go out there all the time with the kids. Now I only swim in the eve. I live in Texas and the heat is brutal. I know the north has been pretty hot too. I guess we'll have to move to Alaska or Canada..LOL. One of my favorite things in the world is to vacation at the beach...expeciallly Mexico. I'm really sad that I may have to give that up.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
(female)

cshellz HB User

Thanks for the input--
guess what I was wondering was--if the weather has worsened symptoms--and then you've felt worse for a couple of weeks --when the weather changes back and cools off or humidity falls, will I feel better?? Or if the weather brought on prob's--they're here to stay?
Thanks again...

Closed Thread