It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Fyi: Hx Of Dx For Anyone Interested?

JUST THOUGHT I'D POST THIS TO EVERYONE, CAUSE I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE STILL IN LIMBO OF BEING DX. OKAY, HERE GOES....AROUND '91 I HAD A SUDDEN ONSET OF "BELL'S PALSY". THEY DID AN MRI TO MAKE SURE IT WASN'T TUMOR, ETC. EVERYTHING CLEAR. STEROIDS CLEARED IT UP PRETTY FAST. NOTHING ELSE TIL MY 3RD KID WAS 6 MONTHS OLD. '93 MY DOUBLE VISION HIT SUDDENLY. WENT TO OPTHOMOLOGIST WHO TOLD ME SHE THOUGHT IT WAS MS. FIRST TIME I HAD HEARD THOSE WORDS UTTERED TO ME. WENT TO GP TO RULE OUT SINUS PROBLEM. HE SENT ME TO NEURO. WHO ORDERED MRI, LP, AND BLOODWORK. MRI SHOWED LESION CONSISTENT WITH VISUAL PROBLEMS AND LP AND BLOODWORK WERE POS. FOR MS. NO REAL PROBLEMS AFTER THAT EXCEPT FOR 1 TIME LEFT LEG DRAG, STEROIDS CLEARED IT UP (ORAL). EXCEPT FOR MINOR FATIGUE, HADN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS SINCE FIRST OF THIS MONTH. HAVE NOT BEEN ON ANY MEDS OF ANY KIND. I WENT TO A NEW NEURO. WHO ORDERED NEW MRI. IT SHOWED A NEW LESION, BUT NONE ON MY SPINE. SHE ORDERED ME TO START AVONEX (LAST FRI. I STARTED) AND 3 DAYS OF SOLUMEDROL IV (TODAY IS MY LAST DAY...YEAH) MY VISION IS STILL BAD, THE NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT FACE AND INSIDE MY MOUTH IS A LITTLE BETTER, BUT MY LEFT HAND IS EXTREMELY WEAK (UNLIKE BEFORE). THAT'S IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH. I HOPE THAT IT'S HELPFUL IN SOME WAY. I FEEL FOR ALL OF US. IT'S SURE NOT FUN.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

cshellz HB User
Re: Fyi: Hx Of Dx For Anyone Interested?

Hi--
sorry to hear of your struggles--but glad it is not tooooo bad. I am one of those "in limbo folks." Tho it's been mentioned off a on for years--no deffinite dx--yet. I guess for me thats just as well--b/c I don't tolerate meds well and figure that most treatments for this are symptomatic so--"if it aint written on the final (tah dah) dx---there's still a chance I aint got it.." (just call me queen of d'nial...lol)
I've had a few mri's over the years (not easy with claustrophopia--poor techs! ) but you mentioned an lp and bloodwork. Did not have lp--neuro didnt want one I figure b/c my symptoms were not acute then: but I have asked if there was bloodwork that would prove or disprove dx of ms---all dr's said no. So if you would share--what blood tests did you get done?
thanks sharing your story...
<<<hugs>>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread