It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Question A Lawnmower in my EAR!!!

Hello all....maybe SOMEONE can help me with this? (I have posted on the migraine board as well)

I have a history of migraine activity. The painful headaches ceased some time ago. Now it's weird auras, etc that I am dealing with.

This morning when I got up from bed - with no warning - it sounded like a lawnmower was revving up in my right ear! Then the center of my vision in my right eye became blurred - liked looking through glasses smeared with vaseline. THEN my right arm felt really strange...very light and like it was not a natural part of my body.

Anyone ever dealt with anything similar...had a clinical diagnosis that would explain what on earth is going on?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Re: A Lawnmower in my EAR!!!

Kelli, You poor thing. Are going to work with all this??? I wish I could help! Have you ever had the noise thing in your ear before? Sounds like a horrible case of tinnitis? I've never had migranes bofore (knock on wood), but didn't know they could cause that. Wish I could help. Let us know how goes it. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Kelli, I Know What U Mean Without The Arm Thing. Crazy Pain With It Though.

Last edited by kchs1; 08-01-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

kchs1 HB User

P.s: Cluster-migraines They Said, Gave Me More Meds. See An Opthalmologist! Here's A Referal.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

OK, DJKD, I'm gonna have to get more people praying for you. I know how important your ears are in your job, cannot allow the devil to mess with them. My hearing has been messed up lately and next visit to neuro I'm going to bring it up. Nothing like a lawnmower, though. Has it stopped? Has your arm come back?

Old 08-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
(female)

marion06095 HB User

KelliD, a lawn mower in your ear? That's a bit of an overkill for that ear hair problem you've been having, isn't it?

Old 08-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

If ONLY it were just an "ear hair" problem!! Ha! ha!

The ear is better. This has happened before, but not to this degree. Before, it sounded like a moth was trapped between my ear and hair..in fact, I thought that's what it was and kept trying to shoo it away!

After an episode like this, my hearing is terribly sensitive. It is a migraine event, but it must agitate the auditory nerve. Ugh! My arm is back and so is my focus. I'm just tired.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
(female)

racefan8 HB User

Prayers and great big bear hugs are sent your way!! My heavens, I am so sorry you had to go through that!! Hope you find a good sleeping spot and rest up.

Closed Thread