It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Has anyone ever tried the hyperbaric oxygen treatments?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this??? It's pretty expensive, I think, and insurance won't always cover it. I've heard it works for pain, headaches, and sometimes ms. ?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

racefan8 HB User
Re: Has anyone ever tried the hyperbaric oxygen treatments?

I sure hope someone has done this. I am very interested to hear about it. I will ask my neuro next visit what his thoughts are on it as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
(female)

nan38 HB User
Question Re: Has anyone ever tried the hyperbaric oxygen treatments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan8 View Post
I sure hope someone has done this. I am very interested to hear about it. I will ask my neuro next visit what his thoughts are on it as well.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
(female)

nan38 HB User

Both my Neurologist and family physician have indicated hyperbaric oxygen treatment should ease symptons but not be a cure for MS. Has anyone with MS actually tried it?

Old 04-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

All of my doctors have told me it WONT work and if there was a cure, or even help, then 400,000 people in the United States alone would be suffering wtih incurable pain...

Ive read everything I can get my hands on on this, and come to the conclusion that its not for me. I am a huge beliver in trying new things, but this is just alittle too expensive and too many people are saying "hoaky" for my bank account..

Love to hear if anyone has tried it.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
(male)

unclesam612 HB User

never herd of that one but I would suspect that it is like every thing else a lot of talk on benefits but results not so good I've read all kind of stuff on different therapies seavege,bee stings, goats blood but we just have to accept that there is no cure and we just do the best we can. Maybe your Dr. can give you something to help with pain. I would try anything if it would be a help. Having MS bites but is just the way life said Hay. I guess we are lucky there are things that are worse. I with you on that pain some days it starts at my neck and goes to my feet. It is a shame that I have to take all those drugs just to sleep through the pain. Hope you find some relief soon

Closed Thread