It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
The world is a different place

Hi Friends,
This is off the topic of MS, but I needed a place to share my grief with people who care.

A dear friend of mine lost her son Micah yesterday. He was only 22. He fell off a roof last week and suffered a brain injury and they couldn't get the internal bleeding to stop.

This woman was my first friend when I moved to Colorado 12 years ago, and Micah was my son's first new friend in a new state. He would spend the night and do all of the boy stuff with my son. I'll always remember that first game of 'Capture the Flag' we played with him. He was an amazing player! Micah was full of life and always had a quick smile for everyone and had such a big heart.

We're grieving as a family. The world feels different today.

Please say a prayer for his mother, Barb.

Thanks,
Julie

Old 08-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Re: The world is a different place

Jewel2,

Will do!!! Sorry for the loss!!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
(female)

tiarah HB User

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and Micah's family.

Karen

Old 08-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i am so sorry to hear that Julie! it is so hard loosing someone u love! may god be with u all, many hugs and prayers!

Old 08-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
(female)

ryka HB User

Jewel 2-
So sorry for your loss. Just a question- Had you been diagnosed before you came to Colorado? I am also in Colorado so just wondering
Thanks

Old 08-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
(female)

beachlover247 HB User

Dear Julie,

I'm so sorry. I think that's every parent's fear is that they will outlive their children. It would almost be too much to bear. Just know that he is in a much better place now, even tho he will be missed very much. I will pray for all to have strength to bear the pain. Lots of hugs, Sue

Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #7
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Thanks for all of the words of support and comfort. I can't imagine outliving my children either. My son is in the Marines and I really try not to think about that possibility. My heart breaks for my friend and all those who lose a child.

Ryka, I don't have MS - my daughter and mother do. We think my daughter had signs of it before we moved from Florida to Colorado (she was 13 at the time), but she was diagnosed at age 19 after living in Colorado 6 years. My mother lived in Michigan in her childhood, then Colorado as an adult, and was living in Arizona when she got diagnosed at about age 45.

Take care,
Julie

Closed Thread