It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
EStevens64...

Hi. How are you feeling? How did your LP go yesterday? I am on here to talk about it... so I guess that means mine went ok! I set myself up for alot worse, and heck... after giving birth... not much can compare! So now I am awaiting the results which should be in by tomorrow. My neuro looked over the brain and spinal MRIs that I had done previously. He confirmed that there wasn't much to see. He said we are probably dealing with a lesion or inflammation about 1mm in size. He did notice a tiny area on one of the brain MRIs. From what I understood... it would be in the central part of the brain where all the signals cross over? Said it's common when dealing with MS etc? But it wasnt picked up on by the radiologist (or whoever) so it may not be anything. All my blood tests came back negative for Lyme etc. So it's really up to the LP to see what is going on. Hoping for the best... good luck and keep me posted on how you make out.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Re: EStevens64...

yeah... I had mine yesterday too. It wasnt as bad as I had thought it would be but I wouldnt want to do it on a regular basis. I am a bit sore today but no headache thank goodness. I am also waiting for my results. The neuro that did my LP said "there is a school of thought that there are those that have MS will have nothing on the mri. However, I do not subscribe to that theory." So I guess if my LP comes back positive it will be up to someone else to diagnose me. Otherwise, I will just have to wait till one of those bad boys shows up. I hope atleast SOMETHING shows up so it won't have been for nothing. They didnt do the Mayo test. He said he wants to see what the LP says first. So at this point the only thing on paper that looks abnormal is my Ro SSA and my anemia. Other than that, I am just peachie! on paper that is.

Erin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread