It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

tooobuzi HB User
For blueslvr53

Hi Deb,

We got back yesterday from our vacation. The reunion was a blast!! I was really glad that I went. Everyone was shocked that Rod and I were there together. It was really funny watching their expressions as they found out.

We spent most of the time with his family. His sisters have lots of little ones. We spent a lot of time at Chuck E. Cheese and the zoo with 6 kids 5 and under. YIPES!! Glad mine are grown. :-)

While away I stuck to the diet. The only time I had trouble was when we went to the zoo and the morning of the flight home. I am fairly sure that each time it was because I was so tired. I was not getting enough sleep. But other than that everything was great!

So how have you been? Did you get a chance to read any of the book? What do you think so far? Do you think you will try the diet? Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of migraines?

How is the weather out there? Have you been hit by the heat wave? Before we left for vacation it was hitting over 100 and that was without the heat index. It has been in the high 90s this week and it isn't even August yet.

I hope that you are doing better. Get back with me when you can. I look forward to hearing from you. Ronda

Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

blueslvr53 HB User
Re: For blueslvr53

Hi Ronda.....

I knew you would have a great time! Reunions can be alot of fun. Im glad that you felt good most of the time. I know what you mean about little kids anymore, I dont have the stamina. They are fun to be around but its nice to be done with all that.

I love the book. I havent gotten thru the whole thing yet. I have already started sort of a modified diet (cut out caffiene) and some other things. I felt better. Now seem to be having alittle setback. Lots of dizziness, numbness, weird feelings. Go back to the rhuemi on Fri to get blood results. Have been under alot of stress lately. We had our
town festival and had to sell pizza slices down at the park for 4 days! And of course it was in the 90's. Plus I got the wedding coming down the pike fast! This weekend is the shower. I have to say Im a little freaked out about that artery thing too. I go back to the University on Sept 1.

My boss (and doctor) is even thumbing thru the book. She has terrible headaches. Alot of her's are heat related.
And it is sooo hot here. Im sorry to hear about all that new
landscaping not doing well. How are things going at work.

Well I better run, today is the hubbys birthday. Time to go celebrate. Take care and write when you get the chance.
Love... Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
(female)

tooobuzi HB User

Good morning Deb,

You do have a lot going on right now. You know that is making things worse. Maybe once you get through everything that is stressing you, you will see more results from the diet.

I love going to festivals. I don't usually go to the ones around here because they are so overly crowded. We live in an area with a ton of tourist and EVERYTHING is always crowded!

The book is amazing isn't it? I have recommended it to so many people at this point that they should start sharing the royalties with me! :-) I was thumbing back through the list of what not to eat the other day and realized there are two things that are not listed that the doctor at JH had told me not to eat, beef and shell fish. So watch out for those.

I am grearing up for a stressful year. Both of my boys are graduating this year. That means double the expense of everything. They just received the proofs for their Sr. portaits. That is going to put a pretty deep dent in the wallet. Yipes.

Work is going pretty well. Work has slowed a bit and that is aways a stress, but it is not terrible yet. I think the thing that is most stressful is the unknown. Things like having someone that you least expect quit out of the blue because they have so many personal issues going on. I guess it shows my age but people these days think jobs are a dime a dozen. They aren't concerned about staying at a job for any significant length of time. I just don't understand it. I guess that is why those are the ones that have the most personal problems too. Don't they understand that if you don't have a job your problems only get worse?

Did you do anything special for your husband's birthday? How did the shower go? I can't imagine my boys getting married. I can't imagine them not living with me. That will be so weird. Rod and I won't know what to do with all of that time to ourselves!

I hope your appointment goes well. I hope that vein thing turns out to be nothing.

Have a great week. Ronda

Old 08-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
(female)

blueslvr53 HB User

Hi Ronda...
Hope things are still going well for you. Its been very hectic around here. Wedding bells are in full swing. Had the shower this past weekend. It was very nice. I am so jealous of the nice new things they got. All my stuff is worn out! Today I finally got my dress. So things are moving along. I know it is going to come quick now.

Im feeling about the same. Just hanging in there and taking it day by day. Still having alot of burning all over. Mostly the face. I love the book. Im looking at it all the time. I know just quiting caffeine has helped. That is interesting about beef and shellfish. Ill have to watch for those also. I can live without beef but I love shellfish.

How have you been feeling? Still pretty good? I had all that blood work again and everything came back ok, so thats good. Got quite a few appts coming up in the next few weeks including the University. Ill keep you posted.
Hope things are starting to "cool down" by you. It finally is here. We actually had some nights we didnt have to use the air. It was nice. Well I better run, I have to balance my checkbook. Did some major damage today at the Mall!
Hope you are feeling good. Write if you get the chance............Love, Deb

Old 08-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #5
(female)

tooobuzi HB User

Good morning Deb,
Sorry its been a while since I've written. It has just been crazy around here. Last week three out of the four girls that work in my office were out sick. The one girl that was there and I weren't feeling so hot either and had to do all of their work on top of our own. But we made it through, she was a trouper!

How are you feeling about the wedding? Knowing me, when that time comes I will be crying all the time "My little boy is all grown up- boo hoo". :-)

I didn't end up going to that other high school reunion as I was sick. I guess I missed quite a show though. I was told it was supposed to last until 1 a.m. but people were so drunk and passed out everywhere, even the parking lot, that the hotel shut them down at 11! It would have been funny to watch because I would have been the only sober one there!

Other than my cold, I have been doing well. I got a couple of pretty bad headaches, but I know that was from the cold and being so tired. Other than that, my dizziness is gone. My feet tingle a little now and again but it only lasts a short time. I was really hoping the diet would be your answer too. At least it has helped a little.

How is your boss doing? You said she read the book. Has it helped her headaches?

When do you go to the University? Remember to make that list of questions. I will keep you in my thoughts.

How is your mom doing? I hope she is doing well.

Gonna run, time for work.

Take care, Ronda

Old 08-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #6
(female)

blueslvr53 HB User

Hi!
I was wondering about you! Glad to hear from you. That is amazing about your dizziness being pretty much gone. I on the other hand have been having alot of dizziness along with my facial numbness. Went to the ENT and Eye doctors yesterday. The eye doctor said my eyes looked good. So I was glad to hear that. Although I have had this annoying eyelid twitch. He said it could be from caffeine (not likely since I gave it up) or what else... STRESS! The ENT wants to do the usual testing for the dizziness. I am going to wait until after the wedding. I really liked him. He was new, young, eager to hear what I had to say and gave me a great exam. I go to the University next week and then thats it.....Everything on hold until after the wedding.

I am getting really excited about the wedding. I am so happy with my dress. It is going to come so fast now. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather. (Sept 24). Im not boo-hooing, Im like "its about time". They have gone together for 10 years! Plus I really like her alot.

My mom is doing great! She is even driving again. She puts me to shame. She really came out of that so well.

Sounds like you really missed a wild party. I would be just like you, the only sober one in the bunch. I never liked anything that much to keep drinking it all night!

Hope you have a nice restful weekend or do something fun. Always good to hear from you..........Love Deb

Old 08-28-2005, 02:16 AM   #7
(female)

tooobuzi HB User

Hi Deb,

I will be thinking happy thoughts for you and your trip to the University.

It sounds like your added stress with the wedding (maybe you're not worried about it just all the stuff that needs to be done.) is making things a bit worse for you. Let me tell you about stress. After reading that book and making the changes in my diet it is pretty easy to see what causes my symptoms to pop up. STRESS is number one. Things that I didn't think were causing me stress are. I had totally forgotten to tell you about this. In addition to being very strick with the diet, if I feel that I am going to have a stressful day, like I know that I have a large work load and 4 of my techs are on vacation, I will still take that small dose of Xanax and an advil. If I am caught off guard ,the stress will cause the tension in my neck and tingling in my feet, etc. Knock on wood I have been able to manage it well enough that I haven't gotten the dizziness back. My point being, I just didn't realize how much stress was affecting me. I thought I had it under control. WRONG!! Turns out I am not super woman after all. :-)

I am actually having a little battle with stress right now. Yesterday a friend of mine that is going through an unusually difficult split with his fiance told one of our other friends he was going to kill himself. He has spoken about the subject before and we have tried to help him but nothing ever comes of it. So yesterday after I found out what was going on I told him to call the police. I have not found out what happened yet and my nerves are getting the best of me. We have all been hesitant to call the police before because we know he says many things for attention and that if he were to be hospitalized for this it would mean the end of his career and he could lose his child. We (all of the friends that are aware of what is going on with him) decided that if we heard that kind of talk again that the call had to be made. It is such a tough call to make because either way you are affecting that persons life. So here I sit at 5.a.m. on a Sunday morning, not sure what happened.

Sorry to ramble on about that, just needed to vent a little.

You'll be in my thoughts this week. Fingers crossed.
Ronda

Closed Thread