It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

JClooking HB User
Symptoms, emg, nerve conduction study, etc.

I posted earlier about my paranoia about being a hypochondriac and I'm still not sure that I'm not overreacting but would like to find out if anyone has had similar symptoms. Last year, I started noticing that I sweat excessively when it's warm especially when I'm exerting myself at all. I am overweight but had never sweated like this before and so easily. I also started noticing that lately I cry very easily whether it's just a mildly sad story or a mildly touching one, it doesn't matter. Someone on television can say that they had a great boss and I will end up in tears. I also posted earlier that I've had bouts of dizziness and cognitive issues. My mother was diagnosed with MS when she was 15 and had a very aggressive form that left her bedridden when she was about 35 or so. My doctor ran an EMG and Nerve Conduction Study test and the only thing it revealed was carpal tunnel on my right side that I already had operated on two years ago. He kind of left it at that but I think he believes there is nothing wrong. I will be going back in six months for a follow-up on my cholesterol but that's all he's addressing. Should I seek an neurologist or just take a wait and see attitude like my doctor seems to be doing.

Closed Thread