It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

newbie1972 HB User
Unhappy Abnormal brain mri pls help

Hi,
I was experiencing some symptoms of blurred vision an dmuscle tingling off and on for two months now.usually had the blurred vion after eating.
MY pcp prdered an MRI for brain and thsi is what I got.

MRI BRAIN WITHOUT CONTRAST MULTIPLANAR REFORMATIONS There are scattered foci of abnormal signal within the periventicular and sucortical white matter bilaterally measuring between few mm to 5mm.NEITHER OF THEM ARE RELATED TO RESTRICTED DIFFUSION,MASS EFFECT OR ABNORMAL ENHANCEMENT. FINDINGS ARE NON SPECIFIC BUT COULD BE RELATED TO AREAS OF demylenation.
My neurologist suspects it as MS.He said he will order additional mri for neck,shoulders and spine.But I ahve been waiting for a week in limbo.I am so stressed out.With your experience does this look like ms.
morever in mri results they did not tell me the no of lesiions.Please help me.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: Abnormal brain mri pls help

Newbie, the MRI is usually the first in a series of tests. You really need to find a way to calm yourself, if it is a demyelinating disorder stress will make it worse.
MS is as unique as each individual that has it, your neurologist is the best person to ask. But the symptoms and the process are confusing, frightening and frustrating. You can vent here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: Abnormal brain mri pls help

Hi,
Lilc is exactly right. I know it is very difficult to wait and not worry while the doctors try to figure things out, but try not to stress. Deep breaths.

I would suggest that you get a neuroradiologist read your MRIs if possible. They are specifically trained to differentiate MS lesions from other possibilities. Even so, sometimes it may still not be clear enough to definitely say MS.

The additional MRI's may provide more information. After those, I wouldn't be surprised if his next step will be to have you get a lumbar puncture to look for signs of MS in the spinal fluid. All of these things will help in the diagnostic process.

Take care, and feel free to come here to ask questions, vent and get support.

Julie

Closed Thread