I don't know where to start. I have posted on a few other sites, as i have other health issues too. I was told by my doc. a few months ago that I have Lupus, but it is not active at this moment. Now just a month ago my husband has been told by his doc. he possibly has MS. He has been in alot of pain with numbness and tingling in his arms and legs.
We both have been feeling just terrible for about the last year i would say, and i am begining to wonder if it could be caused by something other than what the doctors say we have.
We moved into our house about 3 years ago. 2years ago my husband had to redue the bathroom and when we ripped down the shower wall the ENTIRE wall looked like black mold. My husband tore the wood out and replaced it with new wood and put up a new shower wall. We figured that it had become moldy because of a crack in the shower wall where water leaked in.
Another problem was that there where MANY mice and dropping in our house when we moved in. it took about a year and a half to rid the house of them by findind all the areas they came in and constently cleaning up the droppings.
Here is my question. Is it possible that there would be more mold in other rooms, and if so could this cause our sickness, or similar symtoms of Lupus and or MS. I was just wondering because as i sit and think about how much better we felt just about 3 years earlier, i wonder if it is our home that is making us feel so terrible or if it is just Life that we both happend to get sick with autoamune problems within the last year. We have 2 small children, and if our house is causing us to feel this way i am afraid of what it could do to them.
Thank you for listening.
Hi, I would have a professional come in to assess the mold. it is very possible there is more mold. mold does cause a lot of symptoms. i would hope your docs did the appropriate testing before dx lupus and MS...
I know their is some neurological problems that mice can cause, not sure was they are though...
I would also say have a professional to go into your home and check it out!! Yes, mold can make you have symptoms the same as MS!! I looked into that before I proceeded with thinking that I have MS. Pull it up on the internet under a search engine and it will tell you the symptoms associated with mold. Yes, mold can make you really sick and please do this because it's even worse on children from what I have read. Did you have test run on you that proved that you have lupus before the doctor just said that you have lupus? Get your house checked and let us know!!
Yes your mold from the shower can be all over the house unseen. My sister in law finally found out that it too was her shower that had mold behind the shower board, it took her doctors about a year to finally arrive to the question of mold,(or it took a different doctor to come to the conclusion. Therefore, a hazmat type of team came to thier house sent out by the health department and they took everything out of their house and i mean everything right down to her underwear, and they didnt let them leave the house untill they changed into sterilel clothing brought by the team, and they had to leave their house for 1 month and the team took everything in the house away in a big van and took it somewhere to give it all a special drycleaning process of some sort. and my sister in law is fine now as well as her husband. you should have someone come out and measure the molds if there are any, i think you probably have the samw thing going on as my sister in law, and as far as the mice yes they too can pose a threat, where there is 2 mice there ar accually going to be hundreds(get a couple of cats) better yet have your home completely checked out. Also you can get someone to come out or you can even buy a thingy that meassures the carbon monoxide or dioxcide , which ever it is) test to see if there is any level activity of that too, becasue that can cause problems too, i hope i am of some help good luck kimber lee
I came to this board to seek the same answers you are asking. There are three of us in our household; my husband, daughter and myself. We have lived in the house for apx. 3 years. The house is an older house but the bathroom appeared to be new.
My daughter and me are the only two people in the house that have recently (last 6 months) have gotten very dizzy (sick) in the middle of the night. I don't know what carbon monoxide feels like - but the way I feel has the signs of carbon monoxide. I have had 4-5 episodes of severe dizziness to the point that I wanted my husband to check on our daughter for fear something may be wrong with her as I was sitting on the toilet feeling dizzy, feeling as though I would have diahrea, and feel like I was going to throw-up at the same time. I almost called the ambulance that night. Another night, my daugher woke up crying not being able to physically get out of bed she was so dizzy.
We are now in the process of getting tested at our doctors and getting our house tested for gas leaks through the fire department and get the health unit to test for molds and such.
I have considered carbon monoxide, asbestos (insulation) (pealing paint), mice droppings (we have same problem), mold (black mold).
Now what is odd, this is not occurring w/ my husband and I lay in bed with him at night when this is happening to me???? My daughter and me are both alergic to dust mold and feathers according to an alergy specialist but this has never caused us really bad problems.
Please post because our situations are very much the same.
shellymay ... Michelle I was just reading your post about mold. You wrote..."Yes, mold can make you have symptoms the same as MS!! I looked into that before I proceeded with thinking that I have MS. Pull it up on the internet under a search engine and it will tell you the symptoms associated with mold."
Can you point me in the direction to find this info. I lived in toxic mold for 2 yrs. and was since diagnosed with MS.