It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Do others have this symptom?

I am so tired of being in the house, so yesterday I tried to go shopping with my daughter. I walked all day yesterday despite the pain, I pushed myself. All night long my right leg ached so bad and is still aching today. Do others have this when they push themselves too much? Thanks for your responses!!

Michelle

Old 08-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

JulieDe HB User
Re: Do others have this symptom?

Michelle, I notice when I walk a lot, the tingling in my feet spreads up my legs and into my buttocks. Luckily, it doesn't last long, but it is annoying and concerns me because it feels like my legs may give out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

JulieDe,

Thanks for your response!! Do you legs ache or just tingle when you walk? Thanks again!!

Michelle

Old 08-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
(female)

JulieDe HB User

Mostly tingle. Some nights my feet seem to ache, almost an itch. Hard to describe. I think it is so weird how the feeling has not gone away after all this time. About a year now. I've been on Avonex since October of last year and they still tingle.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Michelle, yes, shopping trips are horrible! If I go by myself I get in, get what I need and get out. The worst for me is waiting around while my friend(s) shop. The pain is excruciating, and often lasts a couple of days. Sometimes it is like one or both legs are on fire. It's hard to be CUTE in a new outfit when you are walking like the hunchback of Notre Dame the next day! Advil helps, especially if I take it before I go and again when I get home.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

lilc and JulieD,

I feel numb in my knees and calves when I get out of the shower. After that it goes away. I do experience the itching, mostly in my arms though. I don't experience the on fire part. My legs all night and today (just my right one) has hurt, I mean hurt bad. I also always feel tight around my ankles and sometimes my knees. I also have sharp pains that go through my knees. I've just noticed also that my skin feels funny on my chest and upper back and a little down my arms. It almost feels like I am broke out with a rash but I'm not. I look and don't see anything. I put lotion on it last night to see if it was dry skin but it's still here today. I'm getting kind of worried that I have scleroderma. I thought that this happened on the face and legs and hands though. I don't know what it is! My husband says that I have the can't help its. Do you two ever experience any of these symptoms? Thanks for your replies!!

Michelle

Old 08-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

yes,,, everytime i walk alot like going to sams club and walmart,,, my parents almost make me do that weekly,,, i hurt so bad for a few days,,, but i know i need the excercise so i just grin and bear it! my hubby tells me when they call,, to just get ready and go and i do. i take pain pills or muscle relaxers come bedtime otherwise i wouldn;t be able to sleep any.

Closed Thread