It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
double vision... ?

So I am finally up and at 'em today! Spinal headache has subsided, but my vision is definetly off. I feel like once i've been sitting/ standng up for awhile my vision gets doubled. I have been having problems with the cloudiness in my left eye, but its not like that. Its not one eye or the other... I would say its both hence the double vision. Could this be a product of being in bed for 4 days, lying flat... the steroids (tomorrow is my last taper on prednisone)... or another attack? I just feel like I am out of focus. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

beachlover247 HB User
Re: double vision... ?

I have double vision when my ms flares. Mine is just now clearing up enough to drive locally. It's been about 5 weeks now. Drives you crazy. Can you see "normal" if you cover one eye? I wore a patch on one eye for most of the time, just so I could see to type, watch T.V., or just move about the house. I stopped wearing the patch as soon as it started getting better so as not to weaken or strain the good eye any further. My doc said it was the left one that was being affected by the ms, therefore, the two couldn't work together. That was my case anyway. Hope it clears up soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

BRENDA12 HB User
Re: double vision... ?

hi
I have not been dx with ms yet.dr wants to wait and see if i have another attack like i had in nov,dec.The worse of the symtoms ended in January,since then I have experience numbness in foot,tingling,vibrations,and cloudy left eye,this is the eye that I believe started all this,i had bad pain in eye when moving it and bluryness,now my eye when tired still gets cloudy.
I have been dx'd with fibromyalgia though I only have 6 tender spots,I know the symptoms can be similar,but I know the eye thing is not a part of fibromyalgis,as well as other symtoms.
But yesterday something new happened,bear with me,it's hard to explain.I was driving and just felt that I could barely see,everything was way out of focus,and my eyes or eye felt like they were being pulled or something.Tightness.Anyway it didn't last long,thank goodness.but it did frighten me.Has anyone experience this before,
Also a few years ago I had a severe attack of something really strange,i had a headache,and my head was spinning,if I moved my head I'd throw up,it was horrible,it lasted a few hours,maybe 5-6 hrs,and then I slept deeply and next day was back to normal.Could this have been vertigo?
Please let me know what u think.I would really appreciate it.
Brenda

Closed Thread