It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

cshellz HB User
Question So we agree--hot weather is BAD--so is COLD good??

Limbo person here...
D/h and I looking for relocation places--something quieter than so. cal.--originally he wanted to look at arizona---now that's tooooo hot for me. He asked me--"so is a cold climate gonna make you feel better more days?" I did'nt know--(not necessarily like minnesota cold--too much snow ) but thought I'd get your input--what about rain or dampness (ie--not good for arthritis) Would like to "cope" w/o a mega ac bill or big inconveniences like that if possible. So--to feel your best, if you could go--where would you be most comfortable living ?
Thanks to all for input!

Old 08-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
Inactive

ImL8 HB User
Re: So we agree--hot weather is BAD--so is COLD good??

While the cold doesn't suck the energy out of me like the heat does, the cold pretty much sucks, too!! I can never seem to get warm! (live in Wyoming) I live under an electric blanket all winter. For me, the ideal climate would be about 70 degrees, year round. Could care less if I never saw snow again!! I was thinking about just off the coast of Washington..........but could I handle the rain???
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

I lived most of my life in Minnesota but moved to Phoenix about 5 years ago. You are correct, too cold (MN) too hot (PHX)! I've been looking for the perfect climate myself, haven't figured it out yet. Hawaii might be it, but I can't afford that!
As I've aged (47 now) I find the cold bothers me more, Im not going back to a northern climate. I personally still think dry heat (to a point) is easier to take than humid heat. Maybe high desert? New Mexico?

Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User

I just said to my parents last night that I want it to be winter time! I feel like this heat is taking everything out of me! We live in RI, so the heat isnt too bad like other parts of the country... but my parents love the heat and are retiring to the Dominican Republic in a year or two! So of course they thought I was crazy for wishing it was winter and snowing outside... but i'm curious to see how I feel when the weather changes!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

I find that extremes are bad, whether its hot or cold.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

The research t I have found indicates tolerance for certain temps/weather among MSers varies as much every individual's experience with the disorder itself.

This high heat (above 90) with humidity is really hard on me...but lessen the humidity and I can easily stand 80 to 85. Go figure.

I do better when it's cold....ideally for me, given my unique experience with MS..would be lower humidity and moderate temps in the 70's to near 80. The area around Frankenmuth, Michigan would be prefect! I live near Indy...it's going to hit 90 today. 4 hours away in Frankenmuth it's sunny, low humidity and 75. I'm ready to get on the bus and go!!

Old 08-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

Try Hawaii?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Do you know of a bus that goes to Hawaii? ha! ha!

Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

Humidity might be bad in Hawaii, I'm not sure, it it sure sounds nice! I've wondered myself if a moderate climate like San Diego, CA might be ideal.

Closed Thread