It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

positive-light HB User
Question Hi all..im new to board advice needed please...

Had mri on spine today due to problems which started 18 mths ago.
Extremely tired/exhausted like someone removes my muscles whilst asleep
Sleep changed
blured vision one eye/floaters all the time/double vision objects look like there moving
Shivers/goosepimples no matter how hot go down body like waves
A noise in ears funny i know but i turn it on then off lol using my jaw/buzzing in head
Memory awful/stutter/words back to front embarrasing
neck/spine pain/shoulders/muscles tight
arms/hands claw shaped tingling/numb/pins needles
legs tingling/pain/heavy/ very cold feet/walking slowly/drag one foot/numb/burning sensation/walking upstairs hold on rail to pull myself up
Had types of paralyasis only for 10 mins 5 times but i was worried laughing uncontrollably then crying floods very strange/Get extremely upset for very little these days
Every couple of mths seem to end up in bed for 3-4 days then im left with new symptoms.
Yet i can have 1 day out of the blue and i feel like i used to energy/ect but then symtoms come back with a vengence.
Sorry its long im feeling confused my mri revealed i have a displaced sacral/discs they say its genetic and nothing they can do.Yet had no probs before...I am due for mri of brain next wed.
Please help unsure what to think...
Thank You all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: Hi all..im new to board advice needed please...

Positive-light....not sure what to think, either! We can't diagnose you here, we can only relate shared experiences.

Much of what you describe is found with MS. It is also found with pinched nerves. The MRI should help with diagnosis. Have you had any of the other usual tests that are done in diagnosing MS...lumbar puncture? Evoked potentials?

You need help treating the symptoms you are experiencing so you can get some decent rest. I am sure your mind is working overtime and that's not helping! Have you spoken with your regular doctor and asked what he/she can prescribe/suggest?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
(female)

positive-light HB User
Talking Re:Thanks kelli

hi kelli, not had other tests. Ive been referred to neuro outpatients due to reflexes not working ect. Im prescribed amitriptylene for sleeping and pain.
I had emergency spine mri due to intense tingling then an urgency to get to the toilet.I feel when had head mri on weds ill no more. I never visited gp until recently i just used to say my symptoms was because of this that the other...now ive had enough i want it sorting out.
Thanks for ur reply

Old 08-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
(female)

Pruedence HB User
Re: Hi all..im new to board advice needed please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive-light
Had mri on spine today due to problems which started 18 mths ago.
Extremely tired/exhausted like someone removes my muscles whilst asleep
Sleep changed
blured vision one eye/floaters all the time/double vision objects look like there moving
Shivers/goosepimples no matter how hot go down body like waves
A noise in ears funny i know but i turn it on then off lol using my jaw/buzzing in head
Memory awful/stutter/words back to front embarrasing
neck/spine pain/shoulders/muscles tight
arms/hands claw shaped tingling/numb/pins needles
legs tingling/pain/heavy/ very cold feet/walking slowly/drag one foot/numb/burning sensation/walking upstairs hold on rail to pull myself up
Had types of paralyasis only for 10 mins 5 times but i was worried laughing uncontrollably then crying floods very strange/Get extremely upset for very little these days
Every couple of mths seem to end up in bed for 3-4 days then im left with new symptoms.
Yet i can have 1 day out of the blue and i feel like i used to energy/ect but then symtoms come back with a vengence.
Sorry its long im feeling confused my mri revealed i have a displaced sacral/discs they say its genetic and nothing they can do.Yet had no probs before...I am due for mri of brain next wed.
Please help unsure what to think...
Thank You all.
Have you been dxed with MS yet? I have been dxed with MS for 30yrs now. Back when I was being dxed there was no MRI, just a bunch of test that took forever. It took me 2yrs to get my dxes of MS. Once I had it , I read everything I can get my hands on, on MS. I still do it. I do not jump at every drug that is new for MS. I had a bad experience with Avonex, took it for a year and a half and I became allergic to it with awful side affects. So now I will just wait, til the CURE comes it ever.
All of your symtoms are familar to me. They will come and go..still do. I wish I could help, but I know that you have to come to realize that you have to pick yourself up daily with MS. Be strong...then stronger. I know this is not easy, but It is good for you. I will keep you in my daily prayers.
I wish you the most...

Closed Thread