It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

ibejewels77 HB User
Is this normal? Really need to talk, so depressed

HI, a little history im 35, diagnosed with probable ms, have all the symptoms but clear brain scan.

My attacks are still coming every month to every other month, its been about two months or so since my last one but im so tired, oh my gosh I am so tired I dont think it is normal, im scared, maybe this is something else?

I have been going to work ( knock on wood ) but thats it for the day, not even sure if I can go to work tomorrow. I am so drained that talking takes to much energy. Typing right now is hard. Does anyone else have this kinds of tiredness? Also the pain, this afternoon in the car waiting to pic up my husband I was in so much pain all I could do is lay the seat back get in a ball and cry, the pain is all thru my body, sometimes I cannot even tell what is hurting because there is so much hurt. The feeling of something eating at my muscles is always there in a attack and then there is another pain, shooting pains thru my body, like my ankle up my leg, my ankle will hurt as well as all other places in my bosy at the same time but then they shoot out. It truly feels like im dying when im like this. I cannot function and my family so does not understand, my husband can be cold about it which makes it so much harder. My kids not lisening to me makes it worse because it takes so much more energy to have to repeat myself over and over, they are 13 and 16. Stress makes it so much worse, infact I think stress is what has brought this attack on. Do you think this severe fatigue and pain is normal? I so wish I had someone to talk to, im so alone.l

I feel like im a loser, I cannot even take care of my house when im like this, I wish my kids were grown so I would not have to worry about them and I could just go lay somewhere.

Will anything help this? is this even ms or do I have something else as well?
Thanks for lisening. jewels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: Is this normal? Really need to talk, so depressed

Hey Jewels...my heart goes out to you. Even with the clear brain scan, a lot of what you're describing sure sounds like MS. I am told that the bulk of pain I experience with MS is secondary fibromyalgia, which makes its presence felt when the MS flares.

The fatigue is terrible. You can have a great day of no pain, but still be really drained. If it is MS, your immune system is working overtime..and that's partly to blame for the fatigue. Unfortunately, in MS, your immune system would be attacking your body. And yes..stress makes it much worse.

I don't know any "cure-all," but I will gladly share with you what works for me...and it seems to help with all of the symptoms.

Detox your body naturally...you can find many methods online or in health food- type stores where they carry books on the subject. I have found a book titled "Toxic Relief," to be very helpful.

I have also found that eliminating artificial sweeteners, refined sugar, "processed foods" (tv dinners..lunch meats..etc), and limiting (severely) my intake of beef has helped HUGELY. Along with those measures, I have added more vegetables and fruits and fluids (water is best) to my diet. (I try to stay away from a lot of starchy foods, too, because the body converts them to sugar). I have also added soy products -HUGE HUGE HUGE help for me, especially with the fatigue!

What works for me may not work for you. If you can, I strongly suggest you see a nutritionist for help and suggestions.

By the way...you are NOT a "loser." You are a precious, living, breathing, very-much-in-pain soul who needs to take it easy on herself. You have many "ears" willing to listen on this health board..so come vent, laugh, cry, yell, or just sit quietly with us whenever you need to. Don't keep everything pent up...it's self-defeating and not good for your health.

If I seem bossy.......I guess it's because I AM. ha!ha! You will be in my prayers tonight.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
(female)

lah HB User

Jewels,

I know what you are going through. I think many of us have felt like that. I don't have any solutions for you but I can say that you are not alone. I have been dealing with the frustration and pain for years. I finally have doctors who are listening and understand.

I have pain and weakness in my right side. (Arm, leg, foot, face, eye, etc...) Along with the vision, balance, dizziness, speech, thought problems I also experience extreme fatigue during my episodes. It is a terrible feeling. (My kids are 3 & 8 and my house looks like a wreck!) Mine has been getting worse with each episode.

I am lucky enough to have a very supportive husband. (Even though sometimes he is just as clueless as the next guy he does normally try to understand.) And my mother-in-law is a godsend! She is truly amazing.

I am so sorry you are going this and wish there was something I could say to make everything better. All I can say is that you are not alone. I would write more or maybe come up with something better than that but today is not the most energic or pain free for me either.

just know you are not alone,
laura

Old 08-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
(male)

outlaw56 HB User

It's disheartning to hear of the percieved lack of support from your family , No they probably do not understand what is going on and are probably in denial. I think from the sounds of things I would be talking to my doctor about Depression and maybe some counseling to maybe help you understand what is going on with your body and your mind right now. There are support groups in a lot of the area's and you may want to look one up. I hope things smooth out for you and please keep hanging in, You do make a differance.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

ibejewels77 HB User

Thanks you guys. Is so good to know there is someone out there who understands. Me and hub got into a fight today because of it all again. He will never understand, right now im mad at him so I wont go into further detail until Im not mad becasue I might say something I will regret later.

The pain today has drove me insane, motrin, advil, asprin, all a joke to me when it comes to this, nothing touches it. I just keep wondering if this is what life is all about?

I thought about trying to get away for a day or two but noone to take care of my youngest. Its so very depressing but in a few days I think I will be starting to feel better...I will start to look on the bright side of things again.

Is any of your pains better in the morning if you were able to get a good nites sleep and stay a bit better for a little while?

Thats very true about having a place to come and talk or do whatever, and it sure is great. kids screaming ...later....thanks again

Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Hi Jewels,
Have you talked to your doctor about getting some medication for the pain? There are several options. One of them is a tricyclic antidepressant like nortriptylene. This medication helps with nerve pain, depression and aids a person in getting a good night's sleep.

There are other medications as well that could help. Sometimes it is a trial and error thing until you find the right med. I would get started on this right away if I were you. You shouldn't be living in such chronic pain. That sets off such a vicious cycle in the body, MS or not. Your fatigue may be worsened by the constant nerve pain.

I really feel for you. I'm sorry you don't have much family support. I'm glad you found this support group. Everyone here is wonderful and will do their best to help you through these difficult times.

Take care,
Julie

Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibejewels77
Thanks you guys. Is so good to know there is someone out there who understands. Me and hub got into a fight today because of it all again. He will never understand, right now im mad at him so I wont go into further detail until Im not mad becasue I might say something I will regret later.

The pain today has drove me insane, motrin, advil, asprin, all a joke to me when it comes to this, nothing touches it. I just keep wondering if this is what life is all about?

I thought about trying to get away for a day or two but noone to take care of my youngest. Its so very depressing but in a few days I think I will be starting to feel better...I will start to look on the bright side of things again.

Is any of your pains better in the morning if you were able to get a good nites sleep and stay a bit better for a little while?

Thats very true about having a place to come and talk or do whatever, and it sure is great. kids screaming ...later....thanks again

Hey Jewels....yes, everything improves if you are able to get good rest at night. It helps your body, mind and soul...truly.

How old is your youngest? While time alone to rest is what you want right now (and I TOTALLY understand) maybe a weekend getaway "with" your youngest would actually be just the thing!

The two of you would have time to connect...you wouldn't feel "out-numbered...and I think you might be less stressed when you go back home with your youngest than if you had spent the weekend alone.

My experience in those situations is that even though I get away and rest, I tense up every bit as much as before when it's time to go home because I fear nothing will have changed and I am just going to be walking into a pit of stress again..and then I get really depressed...so the cycle starts all over. At least your youngest would get a glimpse of what you're dealing with and that may bring some better understanding on his/her part.....just a thought!

Closed Thread