It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

gyrl293 HB User
This has got to be a bad joke !!!

Ok so about two weeks ago I posted that I was supposed to start my Rebif. Well let me tell you a little story because I think I'm on a hidden camera show.
Week One: (MON) The doctors office screws up the paper work and sends it to Rebif anyway where it sits all week. So on fri I call Rebif and say hey I'm wondering how much longer my meds are going to take .....and the guy on the other line is like who the heck are you ......long story short he calls the dr's office and fixes the prob. meds should be there early next week.

Week Two: Wed I call Rebif hello any word on when I'll get my meds oh were just waiting for the insurance compy. Maybe tomorrow.or Fri you should hear from us. Ok I say.... This was Mon Aug1- Fri Aug 5)

Week Three: Mon (Aug 8)I get a letter in the mail from insurance company saying I was approved as of Aug 1 .....Hello where is my damn Rebif.....it's late by now I'll call tomorrow...Aug 9 I call they say oh yeah when would u like us to send it to you I say ASAP Ok mame it will be there tomorrow.....

here the kicker everyone!!!!

Aug 10 the day I finally get my med ...after waiting 17days

I sit around all day waiting for the Fed-Ex man ....well by 7:00pm and no Fed-Ex man I have given up hope and call Rebif....
Long story short ....Supposedly the guy delivered the package @1:15pm to my back porch.....I DON'T HAVE A BACK PORCH AND DON'T THESE DAMN PEOPLE KNOCK ANYMORE!!!!!!

Needless to say the package is MIA and today they have to send a driver out to retrace his steps to see if he can find it. If not I have to file a police report saying the package was stolen......submit that to the insurance company and then after they ok it ...then the pharmacy will send me new medication.......can we say this is another month ....this is a bad joke ...all I want is my Rebif .....My week has been one **** fest after another ......just tell me where the camera is now .....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
(female)

kchs1 HB User
Re: This has got to be a bad joke !!!

Sorry Sweetie. I Went Through 2 Months For My Rebif. Wouldnt Get Approved For Assistance. Now My Hubby's Ins Covers It. Waited 2 Wks It Came At 9.50am Today. Just Hang In There Babe.

I Want To Cut My Face Off Cause Of This Pain!!!!!! Cant Find My Neuro!!!!!!!

BLESSINGS!!

MRS. KCH-S

Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

Oh my! How frustrating. I'm so sorry to hear of all these troubles. Here's hoping it is solved TODAY.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
(male)

lifeishumbling HB User

I am so sorry to hear all the problems with getting your prescription. It is very frustrating. I started my Rebif about two month's ago after being diagnosed of MS. The first round, (first box with one months supply of the 22 mcg) I had a mail-in prescription and I went through the same thing. The Fed-Ex was at my house, but nobody was there -- lie lie lie, I took the day off and sat at home all day because the Fed-Ex guy required signature and the medicine has to be refrigerated, etc. etc. etc. Okay, to make a very long frustrating story short, I ended up picking up my Rebif from the Fed-Ex hub.

The important thing that I learned from this awful experience is that I would rather go to the nearest Walgreen's and pick it up myself. So I called MS Lifelines and got them to arrange for my Rebif prescription to be picked up at the Walgreens nearest to my house. Now, every time my prescription is ready, I get an e-mail and a phone call from Walgreens and I go pay my co-pay and pick it up.

This might work for you as well. Please let me know how your body is reacting to Rebif. I would love to chat with someone you was recently diagnosed and started on Rebif. By the way, why did you select Rebif?

Best wishes!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
(female)

gyrl293 HB User

Thanks everyone.... still trying to work it's self out.....I just talked with the pham. and turns out that what they sent that din't get here turns out wasen't even the right stuff...!! AGGHHHHHHH

The reason I chose Rebif is cause my neuro doc said ...that over time it showed that not only does it look like it slows to almost stops ms progress but reduces the plaques god bless us all if that's true ...but i'll take it if it is ... how is yours working for you so far lifeishumbling ???? What are your symptoms ??

Old 08-12-2005, 08:03 AM   #6
(male)

lifeishumbling HB User

Hi Gyrl293:
My Rebif is working out okay (I guess?). I go see my neurologist next week for the first time since I started taking it about 2 1/2 months ago. Side effects are practically non-existent. Some back pain every now and then. I do however experience some eye pain (like someone is pulling on my optic nerves) and headaches.
My neurologist did not help me decide on Rebif. He just gave me a lot of literature and told me to decide. It seems that he was leaning towards Copaxone. Everything I read, pushed me towards Rebif. Lets hope it works!
I count my blessings.....the only lasting effect I have from MS is that I have mild to moderate numbness in my left hand since December 1998. However, I wasn't diagnosed until 6 months ago.
Hope summer is over soon - The heats really zaps me.......
Take Care!

Old 08-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #7
(female)

thnkpos HB User

oh my............... its funny but not........... but i know the feeling, even tho a different med, AVONEX was the same for me i started the process july 6th, and i'll take my first shot on monday aug 15th.............
i had to go to fedex and pic mine up!!!!!......after all the road blocks, i said to biogen are all these signs meaning i shouldnt take the dam drug.....lol
well anyway got it in the car and i said to my husband im not even looking at that box let alone carrying it in, after all these road blocks, he carries it and falls down the steps with the box in hand, gets up and says dam medicine, i said see it doesnt want to get in the house......... lol well at least we got a good laugh out of the rat race.......
to funny

Last edited by thnkpos; 08-12-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Closed Thread