It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

flmom HB User
could I have ms?

Hello...I have been reading your board for a couple of weeks and am wondering if I could have MS. I have had so many strange symptoms for so many years that I always thought they had to be connected. I'm a 39 year old female and it all started with vision problems when I was 15. Anyway, here's a list of my symptoms.

Ringing in ears..this is constant but sometimes I get a very low ring and my whole head feels like it is under pressure for about 15 seconds.

vision problems: floaters in both eyes, flashing lights constantly, weird heat wave like pattern when it is bright outside, halos aroung lights when tired, kind of a flashing spot off to the side(only happens occasionally)

A lot of headaches...I wake up in the morning with one alot

Dizziness....this comes and goes. Sometimes I'll just have a wave of dizziness when I'm in a stressfull situation at work. A couple times a year it seems I have dizziness problem where I feel lightheaded and off-balance and just out of it. Sort of like I'm taking cold medicine or something.

pins and needles feeling..usually in my lower legs, face and scalp(comes and goes)

weird vibration feeling. this just started this year and it is really driving me crazy. It started out just in my head..it was a buzzing feeling like a tuning fork. It worked it's way through my whole body. Sometimes it feels like a cat purring through my body...sometimes I feel like I'm lying on one of those vibrating beds it's so bad.This happens when I'm in bed either right before going to sleep or I wake up with it.

I have been to an opthamalogist for my vision problems...found nothing wrong. Went to a neurologist about 5 years ago for my headaches...had an mri and cat-scan....also nothing wrong. Should I look into this further? It just seems like every couple of years something new appears and I'm powerless against it.

Thanks for your time...you are all an inspiration and just reading these posts makes me seem like I'm not alone and maybe I can get to the bottom of this......Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: could I have ms?

Hi flmom,
It is difficult when there are so many strange things going on and no cause can really pinned down. Sorry you're in that position.

Your symptoms are like those of MS, but they could also be explained by other things (or combination of things) as well.

I think you need to journal all of your symptoms and start from scratch with a doctor you trust to listen to you and not brush you off. Have a bullet point list of your symptoms ready to discuss. Stay calm and level headed and don't suggest to him/her that you think you have MS. This does not usually work with doctors. They like to work their own way in their own method to a diagnosis.

This whole process can be long and painstaking. But if your symptoms are becoming problematic in your life, you need to be proactive and search for the answers, even knowing there might be great frustration along the way. I hope it goes well for you.

Best wishes,
Julie

Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: could I have ms?

flmom...I would encourage you to follow Jewel's advice...journal everything, start fresh with your doc. It could be MS...it could be migraine-related. I have both issues going and a year after the MS dx I am still sorting out which issue is to blame for which symptoms at any given time. You might also get a thorough workup with a good gyno and see if there is anything going on hormonally...

Closed Thread