It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

marion06095 HB User
My MRI report

I picked up the written report for my MRI today. I was wondering if it would be enlightening in any way. I had hoped to know how many lesions I have, but in the report it said I have “numerous areas of focal T2 hyperintensity in the periventricular white matter of the frontal, temporal, and parietal lobes bilaterally.” Shrug. It’s all greek to me!

One thing that I did notice on the report that might be of interest to others was the way he said that the “sagittal FLAIR images demonstrate that some of these lesions assume a perpendicular orientation to the ependymal surface, suggesting the possibility of multiple sclerosis.” So perhaps some lesions of the brain that are not perpendicular to the ependymal surface might not be suggestive of MS? At least that’s my read on it, but don’t go by me. I’m pretty ignorant about all this stuff.

I hope this helps someone.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: My MRI report

Hi, Marion. My neuro did tell me that the periventricular region was a typical area for MS lesions. She didn't mention the others from your report as I only had 4 outside the periventricular region. All of my "spots" in the periventricular area appeared to be "old" (not active). Wish I had found a way to say all of this without having to spell "periventricular" 3 entire times! (now 4 times)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread