It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
LIE TO ME if you have to...

When I was hit and run over by a truck while on my motorcycle 5 years ago, a wonderful paramedic laid down on the road in front of me to talk me through the extraction process (the truck stopped on my foot). When the lovely "Samaritans" got the truck off me and lifted me clear I looked down and saw my right foot dangling wildly. I turned to my buddy on the pavement and said, "Lie to me if you have to, but TELL ME I'm not gonna lose that foot."
My current complaint is nowhere near so acute - it is the apparent chronic nature of my symptoms that is driving me crazy. It really is pretty trivial, I'm sorry I'm being a baby, but my tingling/numbness was getting better, I got stressed today and it is so bad right now. So ANYBODY, lie to me if you have to, but tell me it will go away someday...

Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: LIE TO ME if you have to...

It's NOT a lie....it WILL go away. It may come back, but it WILL go away! And then again, it may STAY away!! There is hope, honey...always hope.

Here's a laugh for you...on top of MS, I have a neuro-vascular-migraine-issue-thingy that's aggravated by changes in barometric pressure. Today was ROUGH. The pressure was fluctuating due to storms and my head was reacting with PAIN.

Because the medical issue affects my ability to "focus," I THOUGHT the side-effects information sheet for the med I use said "may cause drowsiness,weakness, dizziness, SILLINESS, fatigue, etc." SILLINESS!!!!! So THAT'S what's causing it!!! <grin>

You will be in my prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

lilc,

IT WILL GO AWAY, LILC!!!!! Do you sometimes sit around and just cry? I do all the time. Like today, I wasn't feeling very well, I was really lightheaded and my daughter needed to be at work by 5:00pm. My husband came home from work for lunch and knew that I wasn't feeling well, he didn't ask me how I was doing or nothing. He didn't say call me if you can't take her to work. When it was time to take her to work, I didn't even get a phone call to see if I was going to be able to take her. So when he called me a lot later, I told him, thank you for the phone call to see how I was and if I was going to be able to take our daughter to work. I told him that is what makes me feel like noone believes what I am going through. I told him that after he left to go back to work, I just went to my room and cried because I didn't feel like he cared. I know that I am real emotional right now, and it sounds like you are too, but if we had competent doctors out there that didn't get their degrees from a bubble gum machine then I don't think that I would be so emotional. I know that it is not only hard on us but our families too. But please show some concern. That's why I love you guys, because you know what we're going through and you listen and give guidance and support. IT WILL GO AWAY JUST HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD!!!

Michelle

Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
(female)

Ellecram HB User

My ex boyfriend 's symptoms used to get worse during stressful periods. They always went away - he would try to get himself involved in a project or something to distract his thoughts (because he would perseverate on each symptom to the point where I thought he was going to create a line graph of the moment by moment almost imperceptable variations!) Once he got unstuck from focusing so exclusively on the symptoms they resolved back to his baseline. These periods of worsening symptoms also had the positive side effect of cultivating a renewal of healthy lifestyle habits - regular exercise, better eating, etc.
Is there something you could do to help you get unstuck from the panic and worry?

Old 08-12-2005, 03:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Kelli, so THAT explains it! Were you taking that med when you stuck the popsicle on your head? I don't know, maybe you should call your Dr. and tell them that you already were prone to be silly! LOL! Seriously though, did you cut out caffine or something in your recent diet changes that may have triggered the new headache problems?
Michelle, I guess I am fortunate that I don't really get the chance to sit and cry. I DO mutter and mumble though when I feel like someone is being insensitive and rude. The pain that I have is not that terrible and I have been trying to ignore it for years. I am blessed that I AM able to pretend I feel fine. But last evening I turned my computer on and couldn't open anything. Since I have irreplaceable stuff on here I panicked and before I got it working again both arms, legs and part of torso were tingly/numb. It was that feeling like all of my nerves were being sanded, it made me SO cranky. It is better this morning, I am grateful!
Ellecram, LOL, a line graph, what a great idea! I'm changing my diet some already, got to get to a bookstore this weekend, want to get a book on MS and diet, I know there are a couple out there. And there is certainly room for improvement in my diet and habits, next neuro appt a week from today, we will discuss.
Thanks, Angels, you are there for me again!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

lilc,

I do the same thing. When something is not going right, I have more symptoms. I get the dizziness really bad at that time. I am glad that you are feeling better today!! I'm also glad that your symptoms aren't too bad. I think my problem is the unknown and not knowing what is wrong. If someone could tell me something, whether I am dying or not, I would be okay.

Michelle

Closed Thread