It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

yankeegal HB User
Unhappy Cervical Spine and MS

Hi everyone I just had X Rays of my Cervical Spine and it said narrowing in the C5-C6 level with minimal sclerosis of the end plates. Does this mean I have MS? I have not been dx yet. The pain in my neck and back of my head is the worst pain I have ever had. I told my neuro and he put me in this collar and did the xrays and said see you in 8 weeks.I had an MRI and it was normal. If anyone can help me with some of their experiances that would be great thankyou.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
(female)

Shadowrider HB User
Re: Cervical Spine and MS

Yankeegal,

I really don't have any advice or wisdom to share with you but wanted to let you know I am sure sorry you are in so much pain! It seems that when pain is so close to the brain, it's the worst there is. I broke my neck (burst fx of the C1) last year and it's true, that was the worst pain possible and I've broken a few other bones in my life!

Seems like neuros always say "See you in 8 weeks" huh? When do you see your neuro again?

You might do some online research like 'sclerosis" and "narrowing of the etc"....you will find a lot about it, I bet.

I hope you are feeling better by now, at least a little better! Hang in there, try to keep positive (I know that's hard when you are in so much pain!) and keep pushing your neuros and other doctors and yourself to find out what is wrong! Sometimes, it's a process of elimination and it takes time.

take care! And keep reading and writing here...I think it's very helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
(male)

bobnorth HB User

Don't think x-rays are going to be anywhere near conclusive in spotting sclerosis lesions. Usually the doctor needs a cervical MRI at a minimum. But read this closely, from personal experience...Cervical Stenosis (narrowing of the cervical spine) can and often does mimic symptoms of MS, most especially when pressure from the displaced vertebrae or from spiny growths is put on the spinal cord. Then watch out. If it's a borderline condition and the pressure is causing mostly inflammation along the spinal cord, you may be able to partially alleviate symptoms with prednisone and anti-inflammatories. But I am not aware of an MS diagnosis being made on the basis of an x-ray. If the MRI shows lesions typical of MS, then the ol' spinal tap is done to check for proteins in the spinal fluid. Make very sure that the person who read the x-ray meant "MS sclerotic lesions". Don't panic yet. God bless.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
(female)

yankeegal HB User

thank you Shadowrider and bobnorth, It helps to know that there are caring people out there that understands. I had a CT of the brain but I don't know the results yet thats all I do is wait. thakyou again for the kind words God Bless. Yankeegal

Closed Thread