It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
Sunshine...

Could you tell me about your experience with acupunctue in treating MS. I had looked into it about a month ago, and am considering it again. What symptom relief have you found? A nurse was at my house once giving me some IV steroids and she told me of this chinese herbal doctor in the area that some MS patients she has seen raved about. I unfortunetly have conformed my ways to western thinking, but would love to hear some positive feedback on natural remedies like acupuncture. I am open to anything at this point in the disease! Thank you for your help!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Sunshine...

I have had tremendous luck relieving fatigue, nystagmus, vertigo and chronic pain with acupuncture and herbal therapies. I believe the bout of ON i had a few months ago was also lessened in severity and duration because of acupuncture. What an acupuncurust does to me (as far as needle points used) may be much different than what they would do for you. However, a good acupuncturist will know one of the good treatments used for people with MS. "standard" treatments should NOT be used because our systems are much more sensitive and delicate. rather than a symetrical treatment an asymetrical treatment should be used.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: Sunshine...

Sunshine,

I've never tried acupuncture , I don't like the needles,I have tried pressure point therapy,been going for 2 weeks.It has seem to lessen some of the pain I have from MS and 2 failed back surgery.Let us know if you try acupunction.

Toni

Closed Thread