It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
(female)

LisaB123 HB User
Unhappy Crawlies and wet feelings on skin! Has anyone has these?

Hello everyone,
Guess I can't believe what I am feeling and am constantly needing to tell someone as everyday I am facing that this is going on and very real!
I get this creepy crawly tingle sensation at the base of my neck, right at that bump when you lean your head forward. It doesn't last long but it definately is weird! Like ants crawling all around in one spot trying to get back into their covered over ant hole... These sensations of cold blood in my right arm is freaky, so cool (temperature) feelings makes that particular area feel wet. So wet that I wipe my arm or hand to dry it off but nothings there.
I guess I could say I feel like my wires are misfiring!
Does any of this make sense to any of you?
I'd appreciate any personal insight.
Thank you.
My wish for others out there, is that I hope today's the day that you can wake without one symptom and be free, even if it's just for the day.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

revlcb HB User
Re: Crawlies and wet feelings on skin! Has anyone has these?

Lisa, yes, the crawlies and wet spots are common. My crawlies are usually on my legs but the wet spots are on my face.

"Misfiring" wires can cause all types of weird sensations.

Blessings ~ Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

yes i have those feelings too,,, especially if it's been a day i did my walmart and sams club shopping it gets real bad in my legs and drives me nuts!

Old 10-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
(female)

LaDeeDa HB User

Legs wet, head crawly. When I'm scratching my head and looking down at my 'wet' (not) legs I start wondering if I'm being haunted by a ghost with a warped sense of humor.

Old 10-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #5
(female)

LisaB123 HB User

Thank you all for replying to my notes.
Would you all describe the "crawlies" like I did? Also does anyone have the sensation like you have knee hi's on just around your knees?
Boy, its good and bad in a way, the good is that I am not going bananas and well we all know the bad...
I have gone to the dr's about my face sensations but know I have these weird goings on, so far she has onl scheduled me for an allergy test as I get so itchy sometimes that I break out in hives from scratching. Then she suggests a rheumatologist? Anyone feel itchy a lot?
Thanks for you time and imput.
Regards,
Lisa

Old 10-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
(female)

LisaB123 HB User

Funny, I feel like I'm being haunted too!
I feel like, "okay go away!"
My right arm is what's bothering me the most. Its been 6 days straight and it feels like its trying to come out of a freezing/anesthetic....like its asleep feeling all the time, with the wetness.
Lately, I find that what I think I'm typing is not what is on the screen. I am making more mistakes than ever and its almost like I am thinking faster than I am processing it. Sound familiar to you?
Thank you so very much for your time.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #7
(female)

revlcb HB User

My crawlies actually feel like there's bugs on me. My worst nightmare, I might add.

My mom was never dx w/MS but I remember her saying that she had numb spots on her body and "no-see'em -feelies". I now know exactly what she's talking about.

Lisa

Old 10-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
(female)

LisaB123 HB User

Wow,
Well thank you for that information. This is a very strange feeling as you know. How long did it take for you to get a diagnosis, if I may ask?
Best regards,
Lisa

Old 10-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
(female)

Greeneyesofblue HB User

I get the feeling as if I am stepping on spider **** or have them wrapped around the bottoms of my feet or on my arms....

Old 10-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #10
(female)

revlcb HB User

Lisa, I'm still going through the dx process. Actually, today I had the LP. No worse than the epidural when my son was born...a few sharp quick pains...no big deal. PCP said I'd have to lay on my back for 24 hours. The Dr. that did the LP said just to take it easy for 24 hours but that I could get up if I wanted. I've laid in bed and on the couch for about 6 hours and just had to get up, so here I sit.

As for how long it's taken. Looking back through medical records, my first sx (which we dismissed) were in 1990. ON in 1998, then I had the latest exacerbation in January, which lasted through March. Some sx have left me but, I'm still experiencing new sx so I'm not sure if the exacerbation really ended. If it ended, I can't tell where one ended and the next one began. Right now the most irritating sx is the eye pain and twitching. The rest I can deal with.

Blessings ~ Lisa

Closed Thread