It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User
Could this be MS?I'm desperate for your opinions!

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me posting - I'm really sorry but this may be a very lengthy description!! I would be so grateful if anyone has time to read the details, though, as I am so worried. I live in England, I'm 29, and have been having some very odd symptoms, mainly episodes of numbness, tinging, heat patches, and recently, muscle and finger twitching. I would very much appreciate it if any of you could give me your opinion. I am very worried that they may be symptoms of MS. They never completely disappear, although they do seem to improve, and every few weeks or months I have been getting a worse episode. I will describe basically what has happened recently first, then I'll add a bit more separately, if anyone wants to read the rest.

I have been to my GP (family doctor) before this last "episode" a couple of weeks ago, and she sent me for a CT scan (without contrast dye), and she did a brief basic physical neuro examination (though she couldn't remember some of what to check at first!). She sent me for the CT of my brain, rather than MRI, as I have metal plates in my jaw. The result was fine, no different to one I had about 5 years ago to check out my migraines. However, I am worried, as MRI is obviously a better test. I have just phoned a BUPA (private) hospital and they say they CAN do MRI of both my brain and spine (my GP did not mention my spine) - the metal might just make the interpretation of the results more difficult, but it is safe to have the test even with metal in my jaws, apparantly. Should I go back to my GP and insist she sends me for an MRI? I am worried that she did not want a scan of my spine - I have read that you can have no evidence of MS in your brain, but have it in your spine, on scans. I am worried about the neuro exam too, as she said that my responses were very "brisk". Also, she did not even look at my feet when she was testing them, as she was talking to me at the time! I have read (after my examination) that brisk reflexes can be an indication of MS. However, she told me that them being brisk is nothing to worry about - I can't remember exactly what she said now, but I think she said because they were ALL brisk, as opposed to on one side of my body only.

I asked her if it could be MS. She said she didn't think so. Her conclusion is that my symptoms are related to my migraines. She did not give a name, but I have since been researching, and I imagine she would say "complicated migraine" or "migraine aura without pain" if I asked her. She prescribed me Pizotifen (I have tried various medications for migraine before) - however, according to the leaflet in the box (to be fair to her, this is not mentioned in the BNF - doctor's book of drugs, which I have checked), it can cause tingling - one of my symptoms! So I have not taken it, and have not yet been back to her to discuss anything else.

Now I have had a further flare-up, and I am wondering if there is any point in going back to my doctor. She seemed concerned initially, but once I mentioned my migraines (it was the first time I had seen her, having moved house), she associated everything with that. I wondered if it could be pernicious anaemia as I have been vegetarian for 13 years, and eaten very, very little dairy products for the past 3 years, without a large dose of vitamin B12 supplement. But she said if it was that, the tingling would be constant.

Here is the background and details of recent events....

I have had both migaine with visual aura (blind spots etc - on average, about twice a year), migraine without aura (on average, several times a month), and chronic daily (or near daily) headaches (caused by muscle tension, antagonised by my tooth-grinding in my sleep) - all since 1998. Before the first visual aura migraine, I had what I think was a migraine with some pins and needles (in August 1997). I have never had pins and needles with a migraine since then - just the occasional visual aura.

Then, around the end of last year, I had a migraine with visual aura and some numbness in my left hand, which lasted around 2 minutes, at the most, and then cleared up completely (the headache pain persisted as usual). This was the first time I have ever had any numbness like that, with or without a migraine.

After this, I had no problems until around March, when my left foot started having a strange sensation of heat (almost as if it was dipped into a bucket of warm water), lasting around a minute, then resolving. I had this at least once a day, most days, if not every day. I had recently started taking Kelp at the time, which my husband thought might be causing it, but stopped taking it soon after these sensations started.

Then in mid-April, I had the most severe episode of numbness so far (and with no headache) - it started one evening as patches of numbness (incomplete numbness - I still had some sensation) moving over my arms, hands, fingers, face, lips, tongue, nose and legs (less in my legs). It started in my left arm, and moved around (most areas lasting only a couple of minutes or so), and stayed in my face for the longest - it lasted for about 3 days in various degrees and part of my face felt slightly numb (right side, I think) for most for that time. The tips of my little fingers also felt slightly numb for days - about 2 weeks, I think - they took the longest to clear up.

After that, I began getting tingling areas (not as uncomfortable as bad pins and needles, although I have had a few episodes just lately which were quite uncomfortable), in quite large patches all over, one area of my body at a time, lasting around 5 seconds. I have been getting at least several of these each day. I also started getting weird hot sensations, again in patches. I also had a few very fleeting sensations of something being not quite right, very slight numbness, mainly on the back of my hands - but no sudden flare-up like in April.

This heat and tingling eventually began to reduce a little in frequency, until the next severe episode of numbness. This occurred at the end of June (I think) and was not quite as numbing but still similar in nature/area etc. It also lasted a few days - longer actually than the previous one, and my nose felt strange for about 4 days, plus my little and 4th fingers (mainly right hand) again, which lasted around 3 weeks.

It was at this point (mid-July) that I decided to go to the doctor, when she sent me for the CT scan, as I have already said.

The day after my first doctor's appointment, I had the second (and so far only) migraine which was directly associated with numbness, when I had another migraine, again with visual aura, and some numbness in my right hand this time - it literally crept over each finger, resolving in one as it reached the next. Again, it cleared up completely in around 2 minutes. However, the day after, I also had some more patches of mild numbness, without headache or anything. These are the only episodes of numbness which I can relate to specific migraines.

After I'd seen the doctor, the tingling and warm sensations continued every day, plus the occasional fleeting numbness, but again started to reduce in frequency, eventually, until the 14th of October, when I had a day of really strong, frequent patches of tingling. The next day, the backs of my hand felt numb, which came and went, and then spread quite severely to my face, mostly the right side, but the left side too, off and on. Again, it was several days before this felt totally right. Around the same time as the numbness started again, the sensations of heat increased in frequency. Then a day or so after the numbness started, I started getting muscle twitching, and fingers/feet/legs jumping by themselves - mainly fingers/thumbs. The twitching has been in most areas of my body. While my face was at its numbest, I had very small area by my nose (on the numb side) which continually flicked and twitched for about two hours. Even when I couldn't feel it, I looked in the mirror and could see it. The twitching all over my body is still occuring, numerous times a day, and I am still getting the tingling - but more heat - and my face still does not feel right.

The numbness in my face sometimes feels a little like it did after orthodontic surgery in 1995, when I had metal plates put in my jaws to re-align them. That numbness occasionally flares up, usually in cold weather, less so in recent years - but this is different. What I can't understand is why I would start with numbness related to my migraines NOW (as my GP thinks), when I have been having them for years - and why am I getting these symptoms almost continuously with worse flare-ups every few months/weeks, and unable to relate them to a specific headache starting - either I have not had a headache when the symptoms have occured, or I already had a headache BEFORE the symptoms started again. I have done a little reseach on migraine aura without pain on the internet, since my GP suggested it as a cause, but have been unable to find much that sounds like this - most of it seems to be about visual auras - the blind spots and disorted vision - which, as I said, I do get, but only once or twice a year, at the most. The rest of the time I get no aura, just headaches.

That's the situation basically!! Sorry to be so lengthy, but I need to feel like I have explained the details! I would like to commend you all on your bravery with everything you are going through - I have been lurking here for a few days until I had time to post. I wish you all the very best with your symptoms and treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User
Re: Could this be MS?I'm desperate for your opinions!

Just to add on, if you don't mind - there are also a few other little symptoms I've had, which are probably nothing, but I just thought I'd mention them......

I have had really painful cramps, for months/years, off and on. For example, the other day I was eating and the hand holding my fork just cramped and locked up, quite painfully. The same thing happened to the toes on my left foot a few days later as I was walking. I am worried this could be MS spasms?

Yesterday I was eating and my fork hand felt weak and shakey, and when I held out my left hand too, it was shaking really badly. This lasted a few minutes then stopped (I generally do have quite shakey hands, and I have found myself dropping things and bumping into things quite a lot recently). Yesterday my left leg also felt a little shakey and weak, and when I stood up and walked, it almost gave way. I am hoping this is just because I was a little scared by the shaking. When these things happened, I was really hot as the heating was on too high, so I am hoping it was just over-heating. Also, I also often experience really restless legs, where I can't keep my legs still or get comfy, and a couple of days ago I had this sensation in my hands too.

After the episode in June, I had a strange thing with my eyes, where my vision "whizzed" back and forwards from left to right very rapidly, for around 2 or 3 seconds. I told my GP about this, and she just said it can happen when you are tired. But it wasn't just a brief loss of focus, it was much longer than that. Also, a few days ago, I had a few sharp stabbing pains in my eyes and since then I have had a slight ache in my left eye. Could these be nystygmus and optic neuritis starting? I wear glasses for reading, but I don't always need to put them on. Sometimes I will be fine, but then my vision will blur and I need to put them on. I have recently had quite a lot of brief eye flickers, but nowhere near as bad as the first "whizzing". I think all this is normal, though?

I frequently need to pass water, which is much much worse if I have a cup of coffee - normal, I know, but often when I have to go, I have to go urgently, even without coffee!! I got a little worried when I read this could be a symptom of MS. This has been the case for quite a long time.

I also have a terrible memory - both long term and short term, and I think it is getting worse. I can't remember things that happened the day before, and I often mix up words (when I am writing sometimes as well as speaking), or forget words or names altogether. I know this can be normal, but I am not sure how frequently is normal! I just know that my husband is amazed at things I can't remember.

Sometimes I lose balance a little, and find myself leaning to one side a little as I walk down my hall to go into a room, for example. I put this down to being tired, but I am worried it is something more. I have also had some slight dizziness.

I often have spells of weakness, lethargy, with some shakiness, which I have always blamed on my blood sugar - it feels like I understand a "hypo" attack feels, although I am not diabetic and two blood tests for low blood sugar have been OK - the low end of normal). I have had these for several years - but since I have improved my diet, my energy levels have improved a little, although after a day at work (I am on my feet most of the day), I am exhausted the next day and my legs muscles ache - normal, I guess! However, during the summer I had a few days where I was completely wiped out after a hot day the day before (we didn't get many hot days!). One day I just couldn't get off the sofa or get dressed or anything til around 4pm - and I wasn't even working or anything the day before. I am worried as I know heat can cause worse symptoms of MS.

All of these little symptoms could be nothing, I know, but I am worried in case they are part of MS. It is the symptoms of numbness, tingling, heat and twitching which worry me the most, and the way they occur in just about every part of my body (some new parts recently, like my ear and scalp), and then the worse episodes mainly in my face.

I am so sorry for being so lengthy, but I feel I need to be specific in my symptoms to be sure anyone reading understands what I am experiencing - I could just have said "I am having numbness, tingling, heat and twitching", but I am worried that the details of where, when and for how long etc are important in differentiating whatever I've got from MS, if it's not that. I have read symptom lists of MS on the internet, and while they list all those things, there are no details in how long they usually last etc. I realise everyone is different, but I just want an idea of what this is. I would rather know it is MS than worry about what it is. I just hope it's not - I want a normal life - I want to reach my career goals and I want to have kids (got married 6 years ago and time is ticking!) - but I need to get this sorted out first.

My questions are: I know nobody can diagnose over the internet, but does this sound possibly like it could be MS, or could it be something else? Is it possible I could have both migraine with aura (and numbness) and MS? Should I go back to my GP and ask for an MRI? I am worried about annoying her, daft though that is! I just want to know what it is, though - it is pretty scary!! I am worried about my GP putting it down to migraine without doing any other tests, such as a lumbar puncture, or evoked potentials (do they do these in the UK? Every site I see them mentioned on seems to be an American site), or an MRI. She didn't know whether I could have an MRI - I don't know whether she discussed it with the hospital, but as I said, I had a plain CT - I am worried the hospital will refuse to do an MRI, with my metal plates, and that I would have to pay privately for one - around a thousand pounds.

Thank you so much for reading this (if anyone still is!!) - I would be so grateful for ANY comments or opinions on what it could be, or what I should do next, bearing in mind my doctor's apparant resistance in referring me to a neurologist (it wasn't even mentioned). Taking a very paranoid view for a moment, it has occured to me that she may be trying to avoid an MS diagnosis, as I understand there is some controversy over prescribing beta interferon in the UK on the NHS (ie free to patients) - due to the high cost. That's just my little "conspiracy theory" - I doubt there's anything in it - I hope!!

Old 10-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Elizabeth,
Welcome to the boards.
A MRI can be done with the metal.Part of my back is metal.If they brake the slices down they can do a MRI effectivly.
Migranes can be the cause of your symptoms along with other diseases.Be patient with your Doctors.Ms is a very complicated disease and complicated to diagnoseYour Drs will try to rule out everything else before confirming MS.it can take a few years..You have a lot going on and keep letting your Docs know how you feel

Toni

Old 10-25-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

sooty HB User

Elizabeth G
I'm in the UK too, age 33, I've had various symptoms similar to you, but not really the migraine, since March 04. I've been referred for brain & spine MRI, EMG, further spine MRI, blood tests, ENT and I am due for a lumbar puncture shortly. Maybe there are more resources in my area, but I can't understand why your GP hasn't suggested a referral to a Neurologist, have you asked? I think they are more qualified to do the neurology tests, you would think that the doctor would want to ensure all the tests have been done to absolutely rule everything out especially as you are only 29. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, except you did mention BUPA for the MRI, maybe they can do the neurology tests or do you have to be referred from your GP for that as well. It must be very frustrating because I know even though I am having all the tests in the meantime I'm worrying and you just want a line drawn under it all to go forward and also get the correct treatment. I think if it were me I would see the GP (again!) with a list of your symptoms (to remind you) and say you would at least like some blood tests done and if after the result it doesn't highlight anything can she then refer you to a Neurologist. Keep pursuing your doc for further tests and answers.
Sooty

Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 AM   #5
(female)

gingypinge3 HB User

Elizabeth,
Sounds like you need to see a neurologist. I too started out with migraines until I woke up one morning with optic neuritis, which I thought was part of my headache. And having gone through MRIs, evoked potential tests and blood work I was finally dx. What it also sounds like you need is some peace of mind. Stress plays havoc on the body on different levels. So please go back to your md and ask to see neuro. Good Luck

Old 10-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
(female)

iluvsiamese HB User

I was dx at 26, I had been given the news I may have it at 23, so you are definately not too young to have it. Many teenagers have it also. I have metal in my feet and had my MRI's done with no problem. Make sure they do both the brain and spinal. When I had my first MRI they only did my brain, and it came back showing nothing. My doctor ordered the MRI again after my next attack with brain and spine, and my spine was caked with lesions. That's not the case for most people, but that's how it worked for me. My brain unfortunately has caught up with my spine now. Migraines are common in MS, so your migraines may be a symptom of MS and not your tingling and vision problems being a symptom of your migraines... Your eye trouble you described sounds like optic neuritis to me. Did you see an opthomologist when you had the eye problems or were they dx by your GP? Also if you did see an eye doctor was it an optometrist or an opthomologist. There is a huge difference. Basically an optometrist can give a general dx, but they will send you to an opthomologist if they suspect any problem. They are are only there for the basics and an opthomologist, can dx, prescribe, so surgeries if necessary etc. Don't let your doctor put this out of context. Insist on a referral. It takes too long to dx as it is without waiting around for petty things like referrals. Even if it is just Migraines, you should still see a neuro even about that, so don't wait around. Good Luck.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

Toni
Thank you so much for reading and replying. It is good to get a personal confirmation about the metal. One further question about MRI, if you don't mind....am I right in thinking that you can have an MRI result which is fine, but still have MS? Is it the fact that you have to wait for lesions to (be big enough to?) show up on an MRI which causes the delay in diagnosis? Or do you have to have a positive LP or other tests as well, for them to be able to confirm the diagnosis?
I am going to go back to my doctor and try to get an MRI.
Best wishes to you, and thanks again.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

Sooty,
Thanks a lot for reading and replying! When you say you have had similar symptoms to me, do you mean the numbness/tingling/heat, or do you mean the other little things like muscle cramps etc too?
I can't really afford anything with BUPA - would have to get loans, so I think I am just going to go back to my GP and beg for an MRI and/or a neuro referral, or see another GP at the same surgery if she is not very helpful - I struggle to get appointments with my GP anyway as she is part-time and I work shifts, so that would be a nice excuse! She did do some basic blood tests, but said they were all fine. However, she didn't check my vit B12 even after I explained about my "abnormal" diet! Yes, it is all pretty frustrating, to say the least! The only people who know all the details are my husband and two friends, as I don't want to worry my family. It's kind of frustrating pretending everything's fine, especially with my in-laws who are soon to be grandparents for the first time, via my husband's sister, and very excited! It's hard going through all this stress alone when everyone else is so positive about other stuff and expecting us to be the same....! That's life, I suppose! I imagine everyone here knows about that! Hope all your test results come back fine - good luck!

Old 10-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

gingypinge3
Sorry to hear you have suffered the migraines too, on top of everything else. Yes, I guess the stress isn't good. I will go back and ask for a neuro referral. It is good to know that someone else thinks that would be the best thing, and that I'm not just making a fuss about nothing! Thank you very much for taking the time to read and reply.
All the best to you.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #10
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

iluvsiamese
Thank you so much for reading my post and replying - your info is very interesting. I will definitely ask for an MRI of both spine and brain. I didn't know that about migraines, so that is interesting - will mention it to my doctor. I really appreciate you letting me know. I think it was an opthomologist I saw for routine eye tests for my glasses, but probably about a year ago. I will mention everything to my doctor anyway.
Sorry to hear you were diagnosed so young. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 AM   #11
(female)

sooty HB User

Elizabeth
In brief - I've had numbness/tingling, heat problems, twitching, cramps, pain, tiredness and weakness, tinnitus with ear pressure, dizziness/nausea, cold/hot patches, burning/stabbing pains, my 'bad side' has most of the symptoms, clumsy and memory problems, leg jerk (only a few times), shaky hands and jerky fingers and last week I had a bout of Vertigo which was horrible. I've got Betahistine for the Tinnitus/nausea and I had Gabapentin when I had really bad constant muscle pain for 2 weeks in my left side. The last few days I've had trouble sleeping but I think that's just anxiety about the Lumbar Puncture. My GP referred me at the beginning when I only had the tingling, I didn't have to wait for all the other symptoms, so definately keep trying to get some answers - keep us updated.
Thank you for the best wishes regarding my test results and we shall just wait and see, that's all we can do.
Sooty

Old 10-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #12
(female)

revlcb HB User

IMHO, you need to switch GP's if you're not happy with her. It seems that she's got a one track mind. I would consider an LP as well as the MRI's. Good luck.

Lisa

Old 10-30-2005, 02:12 PM   #13
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

Sooty
Thanks very much for replying again! I seem to have most of the same symptoms as you, generally speaking! You were lucky to get referred so quickly. When is your LP? Hope it goes well - let me know? Have they told you it could be MRI, based on the tests you have had so far? I hope they can rule it out for you.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
(female)

Elizabeth G HB User

Lisa
Thanks very much for the advice. I am going to ring my GP tomorrow, and hopefully manage to wangle an appointment with another doctor. Wanted to ring last week, but been really busy at work, and making a private phone call has been impossible! I'm not sure if they would send me to a neuro and let them refer me for an MRI, or if the GP would send me for an MRI, and then to a neuro depending on the results.... Anything would be a start....if they will just stop obsessing about the migraines! Obviously, it would be great if everything did turn out to be just caused by the migraines, but I really need it confirmed, other than just a vague "I THINK it's PROBABLY all just to do with your migraines!"
Best of luck to you too....and thanks again!

Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 AM   #15
(male)

Dave1968 HB User

Hi Elizabeth,

I have just joined this site and read your post, I'm so sorry to read about the symptoms that you have been experiencing, I konw exactly how you feel because I too have been going through the same symptoms as you since Feb 2005.

I'm a 37 year old male and I too live in England, In Feb this year I had been suffering with a flu like illness for a couple of days the usual cough, sore throat, runny nose etc, then one evening whilst with one of my clients I suddenly felt extremly lightheaded as if I was going to lose my balance, I made my excuses to my clients and left and went home sharply. I went straight home and into bed with mug of beechams, whilst in bed I suddenly felt my upper left arm go extremly tight as if i was having my blood preesure tested this worried me thinking I was having a stroke or something and lasted a couple of hours.

Next morning I visited my GP, who councluded I had the flu and a "trapped nerve" in my elbow?? Over the next few days the cold and flu symptoms went but this dizzyness hung around for several weeks before disapearing.

I was back to my old self, my lifestyle is hectic! I live on my own have my own house to look after, am self employded and have my 8 year old daughter live with me 3 times each week. On top of that I go to my gym 3 to 4 times each week and push weights and go out a couple of times each week for a beer and meal etc.

Then suddenly in June this year out of the blue this dizzyness hit me all over again for a few days then once again one night I had the tightness in my upper left arm for a few hours. Next day I was back at the GP surgey again, this time after an examination he concluded I have an "ear inbalance" and a "trapped nerve" in my elbow!! and my blood pressure was slightly raised so he sent me to hospital for bllod tests and gave me tablets for vertigo. Hold on I thought trapped nerve I have had this before? but I shut up and did what I was told.

This time the dizzyness was really bad, so bad that sometimes I would not drive my car, It got worse when I went to my supermarket so bad that I had my daughter with me and told her to wait with the trolly whilst i went down an isle to get some milk when I came back I could not see her!!, I panicked and was looking around desperatly for her then I heard her voice say "Dad what are you looking for?" and there she stood right in front of me where I had told her to stay, but I had been so dazed I could not see her? It happended again when I went to the hospital to have my blood test whilst waiting in their I thought I was goiung to pass out.

The tablets the GP gave me did nothing at all, then one day I felt the headaches come Horrible stabbing burning headaches down both sides of my head and nurofen did absolutly nothing to help. I had to take a week off work and was so ill that I could not see my daughter that week because I could not look after myself let alone her, this caused me a load of grief with daughter's mom and demands for more maintainance and threats of the CSA involvment. I was just doing a dieing fly impression was the abuse she hurled at me.

Next week I felt a little better and went back to work, after 2 days I was exhausted not like me at all! I went back to my GP for my blood tests all normal he decleared and my blood preesure had returned back to normal, "keep taking the tablets" he said "but I don't think they are working repled I" "try to reduce the stress in your life" he advised "and see how you go"

Over the next few weeks I noticed further changes in me, one day I was having a shave and my muscles in right forearm were aching and burning up, hang on I thought 4 weeks ago i was in the gym pushing weights like I do now my forearm is burning up whilst having a shave this aint normal? Then I noticed my muscle started to twitch at differnt times in differnent parts of my body.

None of this made sense so I looked up caused of dizzyness on the internet, Several illnesscame up one was MS, so I read the symptoms hang on I thought of all the crazy things that keep happening to me this makes some sense. I went back to the GP, could I have MS I asked? "NO" he "Why do you think that"? I showed him my research he scratced his head then performed a neuro exam "No MS symptoms" he said "it's anxiety with you" "I want to see a nerulogist I stressed" He was reluctant but I insisted I paid and went private got an appointment the next day cost me £170. "No evidence at all of MS he belowed" after hitting me with rubber hammers proding me with spikes shining tourches into my eyes and holding me in what felt like wrstling positions and telling me not to let him force my arms or legs down, I almost felt like I was in a tourcher chamber. "it's stress and anxiety with you I recommend that you take some betablockers and try to relax more" "yes to the relax no to the drugs" I said "I really dont wanna have to take them unless I have to" "Do I need an MRI scan" I asked "NO it would be a waste of money" he replied. I was already thinking i had wasted £170 so i didnt bother pushing for an MRI scan.

I feel a little better know but not right I have good days and bad days, I find Im forgeful and sometimes struggle for my words, I still get tired somedays and get the headaches nearly every day sometimes worse than others, I have started to go back to the gym but not like I used to I have found I have gained weight basicly because I dont do the exercise I used to do. I did go back and see a different GP the other week as one night I had no sleep at all had burning sensations in my head and shooting sensations down my spine and into my arms and legs and the next day my head was so so sore. Oh I also forgot that I had taken Nurofen for my headache and then an hour later I took some co-odinoal and had to ring NHS direct beacuse I felt ill. "would you like to take Prozac for your stress and anxiety" he said. "No thaks" said I. Even my own mother as said to me that I will end up in a mental hospital if I don't accept that I have stress, that hurt.

Well I know I have stress and anxiety and my research as shown that this can casue the symptoms that you and I both have, but I belive I have the stress and anxiety as a result of these symptoms and not the other way around. I have found a place in Cheltenham that will do an MRI for £198 I am gonna ask my neuro to refer me this time to see if there are any lesions in my brain, I intend to get to the bottom of all this.

I don't know what esle to say to you except hang in there I know how you feel, and your not alone. I think this will be a long process but be positive belive in your own mind and just keep pushing the medical world. If I can help just drop me a line.

Best Wishes.
Dave1968

Closed Thread