It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2005, 03:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Thanks to everyone,your terrific!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted and replied.

I have read several post and from everyones experiences and advice,I have finally been able to put together a great team of Doctors who are willing to correlate with each other.I have got to say that living in corn country in a little town in Ohio,the next town has a some awesome Doctors.I even found a neurologist with a sense of humor.My neurosurgeon,is a very gentle and loving gentleman.He got me in to see the neurologist the day after I seen him.It can take up to 3 months to get an appointment.My electromuscular doctor.She's of the wall,I've had several EMG's and some have been extremly painful,not hers you don't even know she's done them.And then theirs my family doctor,he's a southern boy,he gets embarrassed when he says ya all know.With advice from these boards it has made each day a little easier.Oh yes I still have days where I get down and bumbed,but I know I have the help from everyone here.

I have progressive MS and the electro muscular doc sent me for braces for my legs,gonna start out with right leg first and once they get that one straight we'll work on the left.I had fallen at my moms through her glass door.I had tripped over my right foot.My mom says that was the final straw.Sometimes mothers are right.I had a hard time dealing with it,it gets depressing,but hubby says look on the bright side I'll take you shopping ,you're gonna need new jeans for the braces to fit under,He told me to get what I needed.He shouldn't tell a women to go shop and get what we need,we always need.LOL.

I had to explain to my 10 year old I wouldn't be attending her school parent teachers conference do to the 3 flights of stairs,no elevators.It broke my heart when she says but mom I've been working on something very hard,its special just for you.That was heart braking.I'm hopimg to work with her teacher to meet in the office on first floor or something,she needs mom to be there.

I think my husband is in denial.He won't talk about the MS.He's a very loving husband and caring man I'm very lucky to have him.he hides out in the woods,it's deer season right now.He takes everything to heart and I don't think he deals with things well emotionally.My 19 year old moved out,she said the stress of everything was to much,but she goes to all my drs. appointments with me,when she can.My 16 year old she's a terrific girl,she researches and researches ms.She wants to learn everything she can,very intellectual.She received a letter from the Navy Academy,we meet with them in 2 weeks.Her Field of Dreams is nucuelar fusion she says in 20 years that will be everyones source of power,electric will become a thing of the past.That one keeps my brain going,she doesn't realize I forget have the stuff she tells me.Constant BRAIN FOG.My son is at an angry stage,even after several discusions, he's still angry.He says mom I don't like to see you in pain and you can't do the things you use to.I re assure him that its a new way of living and I'll deal with the pain and he should be a normal 14 year old boy and do things he should be doing.He and his buddies hing out here all the time and they drive me nuts,which some days can be a short drive.

It's been a very long 11 months and difficult ones,if it wasn't for all of you,I'd still be out there in limbo land.You guys are terrific.Thanks for making this time bearable,no one wants to live with ms,you guys make it easier.Blessings to all.

Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
(female)

Barbbelle HB User
Re: Thanks to everyone,your terrific!!!!

Hi Toni!!
So glad to see your post this am! I was up alot last night and I started thinking about you...so I said a prayer for you! I haven't been on line much lately, so I haven't seen any posts. SO...know that people are with you and thinking and praying for you! Believe it or not, when I got my leg brace it was like someone had just given me a gift! Made walking so much easier! I hope you have the same experience!

So glad that you have a great husband and a beautiful family! From one hunting widow to another, it is such a great outlet for them. My husband just got a deer on Saturday. He was so excited!

I wish you the best with your school challenge! Maybe it is going to need to be you to change the schools accessibility. I can guarantee that you aren't the only one who would have trouble getting in there!

Are you on any antispasmotic meds? Baclofen really helped me with leg spasms. (I didn't realize that spasms were really making walking difficult.)

Sorry for the long post! Have a wonderful day!! God Bless! Barb

Old 11-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: Thanks to everyone,your terrific!!!!

Barb,
Yes, I take zanaflex.It has helped a great deal.
My hubby hasn't got a deer yet.It gets him out and it gives me time to do things I get done.
As far as the school goes,they are to build a new one.I figure if this teacher don't work with me ,then my 19 year will go in.

Toni

Closed Thread