It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
frequent falls

Does anyone frequently fall?

I'm not tripping the right leg just gives.

Physical therapist has put therapy on hold until this is resolved.Fell twice there today.

Fell at home and burnt my arm on fire place,off to the ER I go.

As usual they run blood work and catscan,rule out stroke.I explained to them that I suffer from chronic spasticity and could this be a cause.No answer.

Told to follow up with neuro in a few days.

Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User
Re: frequent falls

i did on stairs,,, thats when my hip would give out,, now i have some trouble,, on days that i go shopping with my parents and if it is an all day thing by the time i get mid day to late afternoon my leg gets to weak to lift and i have to sit or stay in the vehicle at their next stop, or i will fall down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

I recently fell down my basement stairs. My legs just went down. I didn't trip or slip or anything just down I went...

Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lestoby HB User

I do not fall down, because I always seem to have a wall to hug.

However, when I get tired after too much activity, my legs feel completely detached like I am a puppet and my legs are on strings that are not connected to my brain.

It does not hurt, I just feel completley detached from the waist down.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Thanks for replying,MS is bad enough , but falling is more embarrassing than anything.At the ER I was ask if I was drinking or if I was using illegal substances.I realize these are routine questions,nothing like adding insult to injury.
Have made several inquires to my long list of Docs.Just waiting for neurologist to call back.Maybe they need to revamp leg brace.Going back to using a cane until they can get everything stablelized,not my choice,but muscular Doc recommends it for the time being.One thing I can say at least this time I didn't fall on top of the neighbor boy like I did this summer,bless his little heart,he was more concerned about me then himself.The right leg just gives out with no warning.I'm just thankful I have not broken any bones yet.The burns on my arm are bad enough.They do think that fatigue has a lot to do with it.I was told to learn my limits.Thats easier said than done.

Happy New Year

Toni

Closed Thread