It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

Burnt Bees HB User
Visual Field And On- Strange Eye Symptoms- Please Help!

Hello all. I have having a lot of problems with my bad eye and thought maybe you could help.

My first strange symptom was blurred vision in my right eye as I have stated before, but with no pain, just some pressure. It has been this way for 3 months. Now it starts to feel sore at night, the blurriness has increased, but the weird thing is, I have had an MRI and there was no ON detected and saw a reputable opthalmologist, pupils dilated okay and he said no swelling of the optic nerve just that the eye is very dry. what is wrong with my eye? The vision is blurry, colors are washed out, if looking across the room at a sign I cannot read it with my right eye but it is clear as a sunny day in my left. Now this is only affecting my distance vision, up close I could actually see better with the blurry eye. Doc said both eyes are 20/20. i have a visual field test tomorrow so maybe this will tell me more? does this seem like ON? why could I not see distant with the blurry eye but clear up close, it looks as if everything is bolded? this is very strange. how is ON diagnosed anyway (i thought through pupil dilation/visual field/MRI)?

Thank you and peace,
Michelle

Old 03-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lestoby HB User
Re: Visual Field And On- Strange Eye Symptoms- Please Help!

I have the same problem - intermittent blurriness in R eye with no pain that will last about 3-4 hours at a time with no ON.

I just had the field vision test done and the OD said everything looks good. But, when I had it done in October he was concerned that my blind spots (scotoma?) had increased in size since my previous test 3 years prior.

Anyway, we have both come to the conclusion that my eye pain, rolling of my eyes, blurriness, etc. can only be attributed to the fact that my lesions are located in my occipital lobe (which controls the eyes).

They can see if you have ON by waving a light in your eyes. They also have some kind of machine that can print out graphs of your eye that will test pressure and neuritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread