It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
(male)

Curly100 HB User
Toes Curling

For the past 3 months my toes have started curling under when I wear shoes and socks, only when I am standing. I take Baclofyn, this does not seem to help. Does anybody have any ideas about vitamins to take or stay away from, or other meds that might help relieve this problem.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
(female)

agravy HB User
Re: Toes Curling

Are they curling under due to cramps or spasms or just curling under? Is it all of your toes or just your big toe? I take klonopin for my spasms & cramps but my big toe is the only one that curls under & not the rest. Hope that helps you some
Alicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #3
(female)

horsegal4467 HB User

I found this is interesting my toes have done this for a few months and I was told it was because of my diabetes but I am now thinking it is too do with the MS. I am not on any meds am in Australia but might try one of those. Thanks Curly and hope you feel better soon and the meds work!

Old 04-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User

Hey Curly! I just noticed today (because I wore sandals) that my toes are doing the same thing. This is happening on my left foot, which is the one I have drop foot in. I would think it would have something to do with the muscles contracting. I take Baclofen too, and they are still doing it.

I am going for a Botox evaluation on Friday. I am curious to see if Botox will have an impact on this or not? Take care

Old 04-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Curly,

I had the same thing happen 6 years ago when I was told I had the possibility of MS.It was the last 2 toes and the side of the foot.I had extreme calf and foot pain cramps.I take baclofen and zanaflex together during the day and 320mgs of quinine and 10mgs valium at night.I know it sounds like a lot but these little cramps had esculated(sp) through the years of ignoring it.I don't know of any vitamins but a friend of mine with MS takes alpha lipoic acid 300 mg 4x a day and has found relief for cramps,spasms and the pain,she also takes folic acid.I'd like to try it ,but afraid to go off the meds because they are finally working.
Prayers to you
Toni

Old 04-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

StephanieAnne HB User

I think I have this problem too I say think, because my feet and toes have just started bothering me, like my shoe is not big enough for my toes?? The second toe in seems to be bent I went today and bought a sneaker/mule thing, that has lots of room in the toes, but the color of it is a pale clover green and I thought hmm what will I wear this with? but ya know who cares it makes me more comfortable, I will wear it with whatever and it is spring so there

my feet I get these pains in the area under my toes, and then I get cramps, this happens on both feet. I did notice that my little toe seems to be taking on a life of it's own, and I believe it is curling and my right foot gets one of those charley horse cramps and bends all by itself

I did tell my neuro about it and he said "I never heard of that before" I wanted to say to him, DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF THE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS THAT YOUR MS PATIENTS HAVE THAT YOU NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!! but who am I to tell the guy how to run his business, so thank heavens for this message board. I don't really know how to treat this problem, because the cramping comes and goes, I will talk to my PCP next visit.

I will always be thankful for this board, because it helps keep me from freaking out Because I can come here read posts about the exact problems that I am having and know that I am not alone

I thank all of you!!

Old 04-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

I thought was "Flecainide" caused it. I wasn't dx with MS but I have this symptom so I drop in this thread. After a week on Flecainide, I didn't take it in time, I noticed it cramped and curled, only happened in the big toe during my shower. Anyway, I stopped it already. It didn't happen anymore but the cramp at the side of the legs do happen time to time. I drank half of teaspoon of salt with water, it'll go away for a while. Then my heart would get very angry and play up.

Pika

Closed Thread