It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Toes numb all the time and feel cold!!!

Does anyone else experience this sensation? I have multiple other symptoms but this one really is starting to bother me pretty bad. My toes stay numb and sometimes get so numb they hurt. But it also is as if they are dead. They turn blue sometimes but the coldness really bothers me. I also experience this in my hands. If someone else experiences this same sensation please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle

Old 04-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User
Re: Toes numb all the time and feel cold!!!

my right toes and right finger tips are always numb,, i can;t feel things when i touch something hot until it is pretty deep then i feel it and OUCH!!!!!! i get cold alot anymore when the sun goes down,, i always wear socks and slippers,,, i am hot everywhere else, but my feet are always cold for some reason and thats been pretty new, only within the last 5 months or so that i have needed socks and slippers everyday,,, thats something on my list for when i go back to my neuro in june. sorry i couldn;t help u much,, i can just relate thats about it. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
(female)

iluvsiamese HB User

I really have bad problems with different temperatures. I'm always freezing or way too hot. I've asked about it, and haven't gotten anywhere that anything can be done about it. It's just one of those things we have to live with... I'm presently freezing, it's not cold in my house, but I have a pellet stove that regulates the temperature in the house, (electricity is way too expensive, and we don't have gas on our street) So that's how I heat, and my blower motor went out 30 minutes after the stove shop closed last night, so I'm out of luck 'til Monday... it really stinks. But that's life, if it's not one thing it's another...

Old 04-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Thanks guys for posting!! Are both of you diagnosed with MS? Is this a symptom of MS? Just wondering because I have been having MS like symptoms for about 2 years now but this temperature problem is really starting to bother me. ilovesiamese, I'm sorry about your blower going out but tomorrow is Monday so go get that fixed. Good luck!! You both helped me alot. Thanks again for your replies.

Michelle

Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

yes i was diagnosed on sept 11th 2001,,, what a day that was! the heat i know is a symptom,, i roast in the winter and have our furnace set to 68 and my husband and daughter freeze,,, now that it is spring i open the windows but yesterday the wind was blowing pretty good and by sunset i was freezing and lit the ventless heater we have in the living room,,, our furnace is new just had it put in, in january,, and i kept the ventless heaters incase we loose electricity sometime and need heat,,, my central air will be hooked up this weekend,,, cause i get really hot when i am baking and have the oven on and i get all red faced and could pass out and go to sleep for hours. after i found out i had MS i knew what all i had been experiencing for about 12 yrs since my early 20's was MS i had always passed it off cause it would coe and go my eye sight and stuff and some numbness, it would last about 3 weeks,,, and at that time i had no health insurance,, but the summer of 2001 i got pneumonia in june and my eye sight went bad in my right eye, and i went to walmart to get glasses they came in within 2 weeks the eyes had changed and i was numb on the whole right side of my body,, so i was sent to an opthonuerologist and she sent me for test she said it was either diabetes or MS and on 9/11 i went back she said it was MS and sent me to a reg neuro and since then i have been on 3 diff MS shots,, i pray i do good this summer,, hopefully the central air will help alot cause if i can stay cool i am ok.

Closed Thread