It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

atrixiedix HB User
Popping in ears, tooth pain and throat spasms

Hello everyone,

Does anyone experience popping in your ears? I have this constant popping in my left ear now for the last three weeks, then just the other day my two of my teeth one above the other started hurting really bad. I have had numbness and vibrations in my teeth before, but I am not sure this time if it is related to the MS. I guess just to be sure I am going to make a dental appointment. My last dentist when this happened just gave me root canals but now I am not sure if I really needed them. The pain makes me crazy when it hits. Also does anyone have throat spasms? My voice sometimes will just go and I sound like I have larangitis. I have my voice now but I still have spasms in my throat. Swollowing is really not a big problem, but I did drink out of a straw the other day and (not to gross anyone out) it all came out my nose. I am thinking I have some muscle weakness there or something.

Dixie

Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
(female)

selfadvocate HB User
Re: Popping in ears, tooth pain and throat spasms

I joined healthboards because of popping in my ears and other ear stuff. I now have tooth pain and throat issues as well. I'm being treated for GERD. Not sure if this is what is truly going on yet or not, but just an idea for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

StephanieAnne HB User
Re: Popping in ears, tooth pain and throat spasms

I have the ear problems, mostly ringing or a vibration. The tooth pain is horrible, I have had it for a day or 2 then is goes away, I have no cavities, so I am guessing it is some MS thing my jaw has a popping sound at times and then it is hard to open my jaw, which makes my hubby happy but that goes away, my dentist did suggest putting a hot washcloth on my jaw/face for a few mintues before bedtime, and it took most of the problem away.

I do know that some people start out with horrible pain in their teeth, go to the dentist, they get all this expensive work done and the problem still exists, and they are usually dx with MS.

This disease sucks

Closed Thread