It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
Common cold/ MS symptoms...

So like most MSers, I don't typically get sick. This is the first time in a year, since my diagnosis, that I have had a cold. It's not all that bad... just a sore throat, and I feel warm. But I haven't felt right for the past 2 days. I would say I function at about 85%, and lately it hasn't been that good. Do you folks notice your symptoms get worse when you are coming down with a cold?

I have a friend who is in from California and we are getting together tonight for dinner. I was hoping after that Botox treatment I would be feeling like a million bucks, but I feel alittle sidelined right now. We'll see. Thanks for any replies

Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: Common cold/ MS symptoms...

Curious11,

I was DX on June 1 this year with PPMS.I had a cold that started in October and it took me until January to get over it.It made all my symptoms worse than what they had been.The fever was awful,which created terrible blurred vision and extreme fatigue.I was on antibiotics for 3 months.Keep an eye on it,don't let your cold get out of hand and get plenty of rest.
How was you botox trestment?My neuro suggested it yesterday.Thinking it would help my right leg and give me a better quality of walking.

Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
(male)

gaulty HB User
Re: Common cold/ MS symptoms...

Basically, when you have a cold or any infection your body temp rises, making your symtoms worse, try multivitimins and rest instead off trying to work on though it.

G.

Closed Thread