It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

goodsea HB User
Anyone on Betaseron?

Hi... I'm new to the boards, but after having looked through several posts, it seems the med of choice is Avonex.

Is anyone else on Betaseron? I was on it for 3 years, hiatus to have baby, back on it, and have been off of it for 10 mos. Just had exacerbation requiring solumedrol, am preparing myself to go back on meds.

I sort of blindly followed my dr.'s lead in the beginning for Betaseron. It gave me the flu-like side effects, but passed after a week or 2. Just want to hear what others think.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User
Re: Anyone on Betaseron?

i am on betaseron,, and have been for aslmost 2 yrs,, it will be 2 in sept. i have been on avonex and copaxone, and so far the betaseron is doing ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
(female)

goodsea HB User

Natatude, do you see any real difference between any of them? What made you switch each time?

I'm starting to think that I need to a.)find a new neurologist and b.)investigate other therapies.

I had this dr. when I was first diagnosed that I loved, and when I moved to a different state, put a lot of faith in his recommendation. But the dr. I have now is really hands-off, which has its place, but to the point that I feel like I'm not even under the care of a physician. He just lets the advice of the first dr. "ride." Hasn't even ordered an MRI in 5 years... just got a Tx for one now, after I asked.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

the side effects from the avonex was too bad,, i never got over having the flu,, with a high temp, and being pretty much bed ridden for 2 days,, i went thru that for a yr, went to a new neuro, he switched me to copaxone,, i liked it alot better,, no side effects , was on it for a year but had a bad relapse, and my neuro put me in the hospital for 4 days, on solumedrol,, and it helped, he then said my body must need the interferon,, so he put me on betaseron,, and i take aleve with it,, just one,,, as long as i take the aleve i have no side effects but if i forget the aleve or just don;t take it i will get a high temp not overly high but high enough i gotta take a tylenol or something,, but other than that i never have any side effects. i hope this info helps u a little more.

Closed Thread