It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Bizzare Cold Spots and constant buzzing

I've been having these bizzare cold spots,its been in the high 90's here all week and I will get these wet cold spots,as if someone has laid a peice of ice on my skin they can appear anywhere.And I check and theres nothing there.To top it off I have been getting this annoying buzzing feeling,started in my right wrist,then both elbows and now its been in my right leg nonstop,if thats not enough I'll get these electrical shocks in the bottom of my feet,they hurt.It seems as if my nerves have all of a sudden went hay wire.

Toni

Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 AM   #2
(female)

Kymtnms HB User
Re: Bizzare Cold Spots and constant buzzing

Toni,

I have weird things happening since this heat wave too. Started last weekend with short, sharp pain on the left side of head around the temple area then a feeling of something crawling on the skin and now to top it all off I'm having muscle spasms all over, even my neck and feet. These spasms get especially worse when laying down or maybe just more noticeable? I'm thinking it's the heat causing me to start into another attack since all these symptoms are new. See the neuro on Monday, hope he can do something to relieve the spasms if nothing else. Hope your cold spots and buzzing are easing up!

Lynne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lynne,

Nothing has eased up,but its sill hot here.The electrical shocks in my feet are increasing.I hope your spasms settle down.Spasms are my worst symptom,they are chronic and severe at times.I take baclofen and zanaflex 4 times a day,neuro didn't like that my previous neuro had me on both together but its the only thing that works.
Let me know what neuro says

Toni

Old 07-25-2006, 04:47 AM   #4
(female)

Kymtnms HB User

Toni,

All I can say about the appointment with neuro yesterday is I'll be glad to get to MS Clinic August 8th!!! Neuro upped the dosage of Lyrica which I believe is part of the problem. Since starting it at a low dose last month strange things started happening on top of what was already happening with the spasms. He was going to prescribe Valium but since my psychiatrist is prescribing Klonopin he didn't. The Klonopin is being tapered off because the psychiatrist says I don't need it as far as his treatment goes so he had already cut my dosage in 1/2 and said next month he would probably cut it altogether. Tried to explain this to neuro for 15 minutes but couldn't get through to him. Anyway, I'm in worse shape today than I was yesterday. The increased dose of Lyrica made everything 100X worse. I thought surely he would prescribe Baclofen or something along that line. Lyrica is not for muscle spasms. My neuro is really trying to help but don't think he's knowledgeable enough about MS so I'm going to end up having to make a 2 1/2 hour trip to Lexington for doctors visits. That's bad when you can't drive and have no one to take you! I hate this disease!!!!

Lynne

Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lynne,

August 8th will be here soon.I hope they can shed some light on a diagnosis for you.
I tried lyrica,its used to treat neuropathic pain,I took it one day and broke out with hives from head to toe,that was a guick end to that.
I can't function without the baclofen and zanaflex.I now take 20 mgs baclofen with 8 mgs of zanaflex every 4 hours.My neuro is at his witts end with me.He told me I'm a demyelinating mystery.I thought geez thats nice.The lesions in the occipital region is gone,which they can remyelinate,the spinal fluid is still elevated with myelin basic protein,and all the veps are abnormal and to add to it the occipital region of the brain is basically shrinking,do to past lesions.
I see my neuro August 11th,I've had a host of bizzare symptoms going on,last night I was typing and I got a buzzing in my neck and when I looked down it was as if someone tried to electricute me,the pain went straight down all 4 limbs,it definatly brought tears to my eyes.I have this in my feet daily and slightly in my neck but never like this.The cold spots are getting worse,they are annoying.
Be careful with that drive,the last time I drove any distance it was about an hour and a half and I didn't walk for 2 weeks afterwards.Thats what started the search and led to MS.
I agree I don't like this disease either,but I could be worse.

Toni

Closed Thread