It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Vitaly HB User
Marinol or Savitex

My grandmother has relapsing-remitting MS. In the past year she has developed sever neuropathic pain. I have read through the available clinical and scientific literature and believe there is potential benefit in her using the cannaboid pain killers.

Marinol is a FDA approved drug for stimulating appetite in individuals undergoing chemotherapy of with end-stage AIDS. Savitx is approved in Canada and Europe for use in a broad of neuropathic pain syndromes (MS included).
  • Has anybody here (or their loved-one, family member) had personal experience with either of these agents?
  • Was there a reduction in pain?
  • What were the side effects?
  • How much did the treatment cause in your country/nation?

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
(female)

AnnieHoo HB User
Re: Marinol or Savitex

My husband has been taking marinol for severe diabetic gastroparesis. About 7 months ago I started developing alot of MS symptoms when they got severe I tried his marinol (I knew I shouldn't have, but I had been getting the run around) It did help me. I don't know if it actually helped the pain, but I got a buzz and my appetite increased and I was in a happier mood. When I told my doc, he gave me a prescription for it. Since then I have developed optic neuritis and the marinol seemed to help that severe pain somewhat. But the neuro now has me on IV steroids with follow up oral steroids so I'm laying off the marinol for awhile. I am on a ton of meds, so I try easing up on the as needed ones. I say give it a shot. It helps with sleeping too.

Annie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread