It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
(female)

Albertagirl HB User
Buzzing feeling underneath feet??

Hello again,

I just realized something this evening. I have had this symptom several times in the past but always shrugged it off.

Have any of you ever experienced a buzzing sensation underneath your feet? To me it feels as if I can actually feel electricity running through the floor, almost like a buzzing or humming.
I always thought that it actually was electric currents running through the floor but then it just hit me that if it were true than that would be rather scary!!
To think that there is an electric current running through floors would be kind of dangerous dont you think? I honestly don't know why I had alway assumed this but I seriously never did put much thought into it. I had always just shrugged it off although I do remember my hubby telling me countless times that it can't be possible.

At the same time though when this does occur the floor feels strange, almost soft and a cardboard type feeling.........it's hard for me to explain.

Maybe it is just me but I thought I would post this anyway in the hopes that someone might understand what I am feeling.
Please if anyone has ever felt this same thing or something similar PLEASE let me know, I really don't know anymore and sometimes I do believe that I am turning into a hypochondriac!!

Wishing you all the best in health and happiness!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
(female)

iluvsiamese HB User
Re: Buzzing feeling underneath feet??

I have had lots of sensory problems, both with my feet and hands. It's very annoying, but there's not much they can do for it that I know of. My hands are the worst, I have trouble with them, and that's part of the reason I went off work on disability. It's hard to type when you can't feel your hands. Memory was my other problem... It was getting to the point where If I didn't take the disability I figured they would find a way to get rid of me. Although I still keep in contact with a lot of the people that I worked with and they really struggled after I left I guess... but it's not a wonder, I created the designs and knew them like the back of my hand. Nobody else in the company did. The engineers couldn't figure out why it took me a couple of hours to complete a design and it took the other designers days and days. Kind of makes you feel good when they realize what you did for them... even if it was after the fact.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
(female)

yourstrulytia HB User

Just today I noticed a strange buzzing on the underside of my right foot. About two seconds of buzzing, two seconds of no buzzing, and then the buzzing again. It doesn't hurt, but anything weird that you've never heard of is scary. It's been doing that all the live long day now. I came home from town and looked it up on the computer, and was very relieved to find many message boards and information on this common sensation. People have different ideas about everything from anxiety to menopausal symptoms to vitamin B deficiencies to a pinched nerve. I was relieved to find so many other people who have had it. I will get some B vitamins tomorrow and start drinking the amount of water I should, but never do. I've lived long enough (almost 53 years) to remember the pre-computer days, when we didn't have links like this and connections to other people we have so much in common with. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write in about this. To all of us ... may we work on our mind, body and spiritual health. *Peace* Tia

Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

Canadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB User

Do you have MS?

Cherie

Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

yourstrulytia HB User

Gosh I hope not!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
(female)

Tasia9 HB User

Hi
I too have lots of sensory problems and yes I have had that exact feeling many times!! It doesn't cause me any pain...just a weird sensation like I am standing on a power line.
T

Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

I get this as well. Although most of my symptoms have been right sided, oddly enough I have this on the bottom of my left foot!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
(female)

Tasia9 HB User

nenu
My symptoms are on my right side as well and same thing...happens on my left foot...weird
T

Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasia W View Post
nenu
My symptoms are on my right side as well and same thing...happens on my left foot...weird
T
I don't feel so alone! Hugs!

Old 07-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

I get that ALL the time! Sometimes it's just totally random and involuntary and then other times it happens voluntarily if I bend my head/neck forward. My neuro says it's L'Hermitte's Sign, which is apparently really common in MS. When it really gets going, the buzzing shoots up into my feet and up to my knee. Sometimes it's also in my hands - starts at the fingers and travels up.

As a total aside - I used to think it was really scary but now it's actually sort of one of the funnier symptoms I have. My partner says he can tell when I'm feeling the buzzing because I start bending my head forward and grimacing. As stupid as this sounds, I've kept myself amused on many a road trip seeing if I could coordinate the buzzing with music on the radio

Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2705 View Post
I get that ALL the time! Sometimes it's just totally random and involuntary and then other times it happens voluntarily if I bend my head/neck forward. My neuro says it's L'Hermitte's Sign, which is apparently really common in MS. When it really gets going, the buzzing shoots up into my feet and up to my knee. Sometimes it's also in my hands - starts at the fingers and travels up.

As a total aside - I used to think it was really scary but now it's actually sort of one of the funnier symptoms I have. My partner says he can tell when I'm feeling the buzzing because I start bending my head forward and grimacing. As stupid as this sounds, I've kept myself amused on many a road trip seeing if I could coordinate the buzzing with music on the radio
LOL, I entertained myself with my L'Hermittes much in the same way once I got over the "ACK WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???" panic. I'd forgotten that I did the same bending the head trying to keep with the beat of the music as well haha. Too funny!

Closed Thread