It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

mnewhall HB User
Anyone experience heel pain w/ MS?

just curious if anyone has experienced pain in the bottom of the foot under the heel. it's sharp with every step. i once thought when i get these episodes that it's a heel spur, but it goes away on it's own, then to return at another time. the pain makes the hair stand on end on the back of my neck. and it just happens to be in the same area where i have a permanent numb spot -- go figure it would be numb, but i'd still feel this piercing pain . i only feel the piercing pain when i'm walking or standing on it. came on all of a sudden this morning.

thanks for any replies.

God bless,
michelle

Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
(female)

tiresome HB User
Re: Anyone experience heel pain w/ MS?

I have not been diagnosed with MS, still trying to to get ANY diagnosis but I thought I would answer because I too get heel and bottom of foot pain. Feels like when I have been standing for 10+ hours but just got out of bed. Sometimes it feels like I am walking on glass it hurts so bad. Haven't found anything to help it so I can't give advice, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with that kind of pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

mnewhall HB User

thanks tiresome. i'm not dx'd either. i have an appt with a neuro on the 20th and hope he will run the right tests. thanks for your reply.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
(female)

GuitarGirl24 HB User

I have exactly the same thing right now! I had it before I was diagnosed with MS (although I believe I had MS long before I was officially diagnosed) and went to a foot doc who told me I had heel spurs. I hadn't associated the heel pain with MS until I read your post. I'll ask my doc next time I see him.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

I've had episodes of strange foot pain off and on for years now. The first (and worst) was a period of several months where my feet felt like they were on fire every morning when I got out of bed. I'd hobble around for a while and it would subside, but never go away. I don't remember when the problem went away, it just did, for years. I've had other, more brief episodes since. Dxd a year ago, but looking back I think I've had MS for over 10 years.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
(female)

GuitarGirl24 HB User

I have exactly the same heel pain you described, and i have MS. I have also had heel spurs, and they are similar to what I feel now, however this is worse and isn't going away like the heel spurs did. I don't see my neuro until 12/20..but i'll ask him then what he thinks. just thought i'd let you know you're not alone!

Old 11-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Michelle,

I didn't give the heal pain a thought until I seen your posting.I have had boughts where the bottom of my feet are in severe pain when I walk.I've always had problems with the ball of my right foot,but never heal pain until recently.I see neuro in a few weeks I'm goona ask him.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
(female)

dizzydame2 HB User

I have a condition called Plantar Fasciitis, and your foot pain sounds just like mine when it first started. Here is a link you may find useful: [url]http://www.heel-that-pain.com/plantar_fasciitis/plantar_fasciitis/plantar_fasciitis.php[/url]

Usually, like with mine, pain is worse first thing in the morning, and after being off my feet for a while. The first few steps are excrutiating, because the tendons are actually tearing a little with each step. After a while, the pain subsides, but comes back after a rest.

If that is what you have, you need to see a podiatrist. Severe PF, untreated can get serious and even require surgery, but there are things you can do early on that may prevent that.

I have to do stretching exercises several times a day, and wear special inserts in my shoes, and also wear a brace when sleeping.

Good luck

Closed Thread