It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Head twitching??

I have problems at times with my head twitching. Does anyone else have this symptom? Is this a symptom of MS? I also have problems at times with my hands doing the same thing.

Michelle

The Following User Says Thank You to shellymay For This Useful Post:
clavallee (02-04-2012)
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Re: Head twitching??

I have not been diagnosed for MS, but it runs in my family (mother, aunt, uncles). I will hopefully see a nuero in a few months to get an MRI. I do have many MS symptoms though. One of the symptoms has really bothered me & gave me the suspicion that I may have MS. I have muscle twitching as well as some muscle jerking. I twitch from head to toe. I'm not kidding...I twitch anywhere from the top of my head, face, eyelids, lips, neck, arms, hand, fingers, stomach, back, butt, tights, knees, calves, feet, bottom of feet, toes, etc. You name the body part...I bet I have experienced twitching. I have hundreds in a day’s time. It usually only lasts a few seconds & then goes away, but I have had some that will last a few minutes. Sometimes I'll have an area that won't quit twitching. Once I had my upper-right side of my back twitch for over 24 hours non-stop. Talk about annoying!!! Right now I'm having an issue with my left knee. I'm not having problems with it twitching non-stop, but it comes & goes & has lasted for 3 days now. They have gotten really strong & you can see the twitching on the surface of my skin...its freaky looking!!! I'm so glad that I don't have an entire thigh or something else twitch all at one time. I think I would freak out! The twitching isn't at all painful, but rather annoying. I also have muscle jerking. There are times when my fingers, hand, arm, leg, feet & even my tongue have jerked. I know the tongue sounds weird. It's usually just a slight jerk, nothing to extreme. It bothers me a lot. I know that some minor twitching is normal like in the eyelids from time to time, but to have your entire body twitch isn't. I can't wait to see a nuero & find out the culprit of this horrible muscle twitching & jerking.

I can understand what you are going through. I wish you the best of luck finding out what is wrong with you. Take care!

XOXO

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

AngelOfLight82,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry that you are having so many problems. I hope that you find out what is wrong. I will pray for you. I guess that I should have said instead of head twitching, I should have said head jerking. My entire head will jerk from side to side really fast and I will squeeze my head and neck down to try and stop it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks again and good luck to you!!!

Michelle

Old 11-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
(female)

Erica Kane HB User

Yes, I have that - but my neuro calls it "head tremor". I notice it most of all when I lay down in bed. It hasn't happened in a while, but I just know, because I'm typing this, it will probably happen tonight.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Erica Kane,

Thanks for your reply!! I don't have this problem when I lay down. Mine is when I am working and then just all of a sudden my head will start moving uncontrollaby. I will like squeeze my neck down and my shoulders up to try and make it stop. Will yours stop if you try to make it stop or does it just continue? I hope being that you talked about it that it did not happen to you. Thanks again.

Michelle

Closed Thread