It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

rilsam HB User
muscle tightness in legs

I was wondering if anyone else has muscle tightness in legs. It feels like my legs are tense like when you exercise but they're not flexed. It's also effecting my feet. It's worse at night but has been constant for about a week. It's effecting my ability to walk or stand for any normal length of time and resting doesn't help.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: muscle tightness in legs

This has been an on going symptom of my MS.I take a combination of baclofen and zanaflex which seems to help.Lite stretching several times a day can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I have tighteness and pain in my feet, like I have walked too much....

Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User

I too have mucle tightness. I have it mostly in my upper arms and in my thighs (particularly the right one). I get the same feeling you'd get if you had exercise agressively and worked the muscle too hard. I often find that I have to massage my upper arm muscles (especially on the right). I have not been diagnosed but I have many MS symptoms, including this one. I usually take a pain killer and sit down. When the leg muscles act up, I massage my thighs and if that doesn't work I go to bed. I'm 34 and I go to bed. I would complain abou that but it feels so good at times to bet in my bed that I won't complain.

Michelle

Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

Pegxter HB User

I have tightness on soles of my feet - like a tight band going from toes to heel. It's a weird feeling.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #6
(female)

rilsam HB User

Thanks for the replies. It's hard to know what might be MS symptoms. I let my neuro know since she requested I tell her new major symptoms. In the whole scheme of things I know it's not magor but it's a pretty big deal to me right now. I'll try stretching to see if it helps. Thanks again.

Shelly

Old 11-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
(male)

woodysouth HB User

Your Doctor can give you medicine to help tightness in legs.I take Baclofen.

One easy way to exercise the leg. Sit in your recliner with it extended.Take a towel or belt in your hands and loop over your feet and exercise them by flexing feet and ankles to stretch and exercise.

To exercise your fingers in easy way.While sitting in your recliner use a bowl of the dried beans you buy in grocery store.Take a clothes pin and practice picking out the different size dried beans from bowl.
Take pubber bands while sitting there and exercise your fingers to stretch them.

These are easy way to stretch muscles while watching tv and sitting in your recliner.

For arm endurance use cans of things like soup and build up in time ot bag flour or sugar Put in your hands while in recliner and raising arms and hand up and down.It helps build endurance and strength ina rms.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

I have muscle tightness in my legs and in my lower back. After standing all day at work it is worse. On the weekends if I sit around all day with my legs up they don't have this feeling. I wish that I didn't have to work so that I could rest more and not have this feeling. Docs will not prescribe me anything because they can't find out what is wrong with me.

Michelle

Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
(female)

rilsam HB User

My doc finally called and I'm going to see her friday. She said there is meds she can give me. I had such a bad day and night. I wanted to cry when I went grocery shopping because my legs were so tight and painful. And I kept waking up because I was so uncomfortable. Streching helps a smidge. I just want to be healthy again.

Closed Thread