It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Question Left shoulder & neck pain! MS related or not???

Can MS have symptoms of left neck &/or shoulder pain??? What about semi-stiff neck??? I have been having problems with my left neck/shoulder & it has come back just recently & is causing some pain. I was just wondering if this could be MS related or if it's related to something else. I’m trying to gather all my notes for the doctor tomorrow. If anyone can help…I would appreciate it! Thanks so much! XOXO

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
(female)

SurferGal HB User
Re: Left shoulder & neck pain! MS related or not???

Hi Angel. Yes, this could be MS related pain or it could be symptoms of a
herniated cervical disc. Definately , have it checked by your physician,this is
just my opinion. I have PRMS and severe pain and one aspect of my pain
is very bad pain in my spine, shoulders and hips this is constant and intermittent pain in the back of my neck sometimes. My pain management Dr.
and Neuro said this is due to the MS. Hope you feel better soon..Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
(female)

SRSuper HB User

Angel-
careful with your shoulder and neck! its amazing how the stick on which our heads sit can be the basis for so many issues.
Definitely could be associated with MS- many of us have cervical spine issues in one way or another, which can cause neck stiffness or pain.
also remember that MS, like other conditions can cause some nasty inflammation. your neck is chock full of things to inflame, including some criss crossing muscles, connective tissue, lymph nodes, and of course, your throat, airway, major veins and other things. whether its ms or not, definitely get it looked at. what a pain in the...well..you know.

The Following User Says Thank You to SRSuper For This Useful Post:
Yolanda72 (09-09-2011)
Old 12-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
(female)

kiwi girl HB User

Hi I suffer on a daily basis now with right neck and shoulder pain it drive me insane. Nothing makes it better

Closed Thread