It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User
Question Tightness Upper Chest

I have a new symptom but maybe it is nothing related to MS. I have noticed for the past two days that I have tightness in my chest. I can feel the tightness all of the time but if I breath deeply, feels like something is holding around me real tight. It is the upper part of me where my lungs are but I feel it all the way around my back. What It kind of feels like that tightness you get from indigestion I guess. But different. Almost like there isn't enough room in my ribcage to breath properly. It is uncomforatable but not intolerable. What do think this is?

Michelle

Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

scotsgirl HB User
Re: Tightness Upper Chest

Hi Michelle,just had a read and it sounds like what is known as 'The MS Hug'.I too get this sensation,in fact I have it at the moment,I feel this sensation right up into my chin and down my left arm.Sounds like something cardiac but following tests I'm assured that my heart is normal.As you say it is not really painful but tolerable.It is a senstaional thing.Was wondering if you get 'nerve' kinda jumps in your stomach that feel a bit like palpitations but no are not as there is no change in the heart rhythm,this is what sent me for Cardiac investigations in the first place.Hope I've been of some help to you.Scotsgirl xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User

Hey, Scotsgirl

I do get palpitations in my stomach as well as my chest and back...pretty much everywhere. The tightness around my torso has subsided but now my legs are stiff and painful. I am walking like a zombie. I have called my neuro three times without a call back. I am so disappointed.

Michelle

Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #4
(male)

topjars HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed4Life View Post
I have a new symptom but maybe it is nothing related to MS. I have noticed for the past two days that I have tightness in my chest. I can feel the tightness all of the time but if I breath deeply, feels like something is holding around me real tight. It is the upper part of me where my lungs are but I feel it all the way around my back. What It kind of feels like that tightness you get from indigestion I guess. But different. Almost like there isn't enough room in my ribcage to breath properly. It is uncomforatable but not intolerable. What do think this is?

Michelle
Ive had the exact same sensations lately. Mainly when I swallow food (almost like an indigestion in the chest) as opposed from other swallowing sensations Ive had in the past where it almost feels like your'e swallowing a cue ball

Doctor xrayd lungs an told me I have early signs of emphysemia
Yep Ive given up my roll your owns habit of approx 10 a day ( for the last 30 odd years)

....but I still hang on to the fact it might be MS related

Old 03-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User

Now I have pain when I inhale. It is mostly around my back but somewhat in my chest too. It feels like someone has put a band around me and when I inhale the band gets tight.

Michelle

Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
(female)

OliverBocca HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topjars View Post
Ive had the exact same sensations lately. Mainly when I swallow food (almost like an indigestion in the chest) as opposed from other swallowing sensations Ive had in the past where it almost feels like your'e swallowing a cue ball
Definately MS related .... if you force down three gulps of cold fluid, the floodgates will open. The first two gulps are really hard, I know, but by # three, you will be right as rain!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
(female)

victoria_TN HB User

I get tightness in my chest. It feels like I can't breath. I have to take medication for this. As long as i take the med. i don't have it much. I think this is just panic attacks.

Closed Thread