It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

TonyaM HB User
How does MS feel...hurt, pain, etc?

How does MS feel...what does it feel like when it hurts. I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia (common with MS)...the pain with Trigeminal Neuralgia is in the face but this pain is in my shoulders and arms...it hurts so bad that I have gone to the ER several times...I am thinking that I might have MS...going to the doc on monday...(actually hoping this is the case because then I would finally know what is causing this horrible pain)....to me the pain feels deep within the muscles or even the bones...it is HORRIBLE after I lift weights sometimes...it is so dehabilitating that I freak out mentally...

-TonyaM

Last edited by TonyaM; 03-02-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

OliverBocca HB User
Re: How does MS feel...hurt, pain, etc?

Hi, everyone is different, but I have some pains at some times... mostly only when I am having a really bad attack. In these cases, I get flashes of pain sometimes shooting down my spine, some times in my left or right ankle (never on both sides of my body at the same time). The pain is not always there and is usually gone within 24 hours. (Relapsing-remitting.)

I do get flattened with fatigue when I am having an attack and do not move much; maybe you are in the same boat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

TonyaM HB User

I deflinitely get flattened with fatigue and my pain is almost always on one side as well...thankyou for your reply!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
(female)

VA_Mom_of_3 HB User

What about a bruised feeling (without the bruising)? Last night I had a sensation all over my back and fronts of shoulders as if I was beaten! It did not hurt when not touching the area, but when anyone touched me, I jumped. Anyone else out there like me? I feel like I am going crazy.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

OliverBocca HB User

Oh, no, you're no crazy. Sometimes, I can feel like I've run into a wall, or backed into a safe, in my shoulder or back between my shoulder blades. I can get that when I do not have the flashes of shooting pain. It's more of a throb, I guess.

I don't get shooting flashes of pain and the trobbing at the same time, thank goodness.

So Cal Holly

Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

My experience with MS hasn't been exactly painful -- just when I had optic neuritis (THAT was like a knife through my skull). Mostly, I have only had really bad fatigue and slow reflexes, and a little right-sided weakness in my hands... well, and the "listing" gait when I walk... And feeling faint if I get too hot.... Ummm.. Pain? Not so much.

Think drunken sailor!

Last edited by Lisa_P; 03-05-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

SHAWN2426 HB User

I Wish I Only Had Numbness. My Experience Has Been Extreme Pain In My Right Hand And Fingers. I Take Neurontin, Baclofen And Trileptal And Nothing Seems To Help.. I Have The Dizziness Also And Pins And Needles And Also My Legs Feel Heavy And Times

Closed Thread