It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
numb fingers again.. MS acting up or something else?

this is not the first time this has happened it has been going on for about 10yrs way before i had a Dx of MS.. on my left hand my pinky and ring finger get a numb feeling only on the tips (from the last joint to the end of my nail and only on the bottom where my fingerprint is) the only way i can think to describe it is it feels like when your leg or foot falls asleep from sitting in an odd position not really numb to the point of no feeling but more of a tingle.. (hope that made sense)

the first time it ever happened i freaked out because being a guitar player i need those fingers to work.. but after a few days it went back to normal and has been doing this same thing for the last 10 years off and on. i have just been living with it since and grown use to it happening, but yesterday it started up again and for some reason i thought there has to be something more to this then MS.. so on a hunch i pressed lightly on my elbow where my funny bone is and to my surprise it sent a shock like feeling to just those 2 fingers... so i am wondering if this has anything to do with MS at all or if maybe i have a different issue going on there.. i think there is a name for it but heck if i can remember it.. or it could just have been MS all these years causing it.. but figured id toss this out there and see what people have to say..

Last edited by Punkdizzle; 03-07-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
(female)

OliverBocca HB User
Re: numb fingers again.. MS acting up or something else?

Sounds like an impinged (pinched) nerve to me. Repetitive motions like guitar playing/ typing on computers can do things like that. I'm a writer, so I do a lot of repetitive finger tasks and have experienced more than a few tingly finger episodes. In my humble optinion, you are in the clear on this one. (I'm not a doctor.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: numb fingers again.. MS acting up or something else?

but is this something i should see a DR. about? could they even do anything for me? it is very annoying (which i am sure you know since you get it also) or any suggestions on what i can do/try on my own to help it work its self out?

Closed Thread